FahCore 0x17

Go to solution Solved by qwertywarrior,

How many 0x17's have all you guys been getting? i think i'm like my 3rd or 4th in a row. is that normal or have i just been lucky? Just curious to see what you guys and gals have been getting

Our projects which use Core16 have completed and this means that Core16 is reaching its end of life, as the Core17 GPU core has some key features needed in new projects.  We do not have an ETA for the last Core16 WU, but it is likely soon, i.e. in a week or two.

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/core16-gpu-core-approaching-end-of-life/

mark as answered

How many 0x17's have all you guys been getting? i think i'm like my 3rd or 4th in a row. is that normal or have i just been lucky? Just curious to see what you guys and gals have been getting

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

I haven't been able to catch it using anything other then 0x17 projects since I set it up for beta projects. They seem to run my GPU's cooler (then 0x15) and are worth so many points! Pretty sweet! There must be a ton of these 0x17 projects in the queue...

Well, I know on the AMD side, that's all you can fold now as nearly all Core 16 WU's are nearly completed. 

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60806-fh-news-sept-28-amd-core16-gpu-core-approaching-end-of-life-1-to-2-weeks-left/

Cant say for sure on Nvidia cards. Could be the config you have on your system(s) or as you said JD, there could be that there is a ton of Core 17 WU's ready to be processed (which could be the result of F@H making sure that the AMD cards have something to fold). 

oh ok, well Im on an amd card, so that is the most likely reason :)

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

I see occasional Core15's on the 780....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

i am getting 2 weeks in a row Core 15 projects ARWWWWW there goes my ranking pretty up down :)  .

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

90% of the work i get, is Core17 on my 690 :)

I see occasional Core15's on the 780....

same here i dont have a 780 but my 660ti gets a few a week.

Except for my very first WU, every single one after that has been Core17 on my GPUs.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Our projects which use Core16 have completed and this means that Core16 is reaching its end of life, as the Core17 GPU core has some key features needed in new projects.  We do not have an ETA for the last Core16 WU, but it is likely soon, i.e. in a week or two.

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/core16-gpu-core-approaching-end-of-life/

mark as answered

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.