Dark Rock Pro 3 or AIO?

oo2k15

Which one should I go for? I'll be putting them in my Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tg case. Personally I love the look of dark rock pro 3 but AIO ain't shabby either. The case comes with radiator bracket for easy installation. Personally I never use AIO before. Also I'm going for stealth black look. And if I do go with AIO which AIO should I go for? Corsair h115i their newest? Is there a black corsair fan I can swap out grey fan for black one? Maybe I should go with silent wings 2 fans from be Quiet or noctua?

If you want silence, you should go with the Dark Pro 3 as there is no pump in there to make noise.

If you want just a bit lower temps when overclocking, go with an AIO, NZXT Kraken X61 or one of the newer dual rad Corsair AIOs would be excellent.

For black fans i would either get a pair Fractal Design Venturi HP series or the Shadow Wings 2.

18 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

If you want silence, you should go with the Dark Pro 3 as there is no pump in there to make noise.

If you want just a bit lower temps when overclocking, go with an AIO, NZXT Kraken X61 or one of the newer dual rad Corsair AIOs would be excellent.

For black fans i would either get a pair Fractal Design Venturi HP series or the Shadow Wings 2.

Ok thank you. Btw I never use AIO before is it reliable compare to air cooler? In terms of they both lasting as long. Is there any maintenance involve with AIO? Personally I like to plug in and play without having to worry about it until I need to upgrade my PC. Btw thanks for recommending the fans. Is there a reason why you went with shadow wings instead of silent wings? Better static pressure? Btw can I use one of corsair sp fan and remove the color rings and use the fan without it? I want black only.

Water cooling is a novelty do it for love not for practicality.

that said I have a DR3 and my 4790k is not thermally limited.  So unless you win the lotto Aircooling will give you the same OC...

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

If you go corsair AIO, get the H100i V2 (240) or the H115i (280). those are their newest ones. I own a H100i V2 and the pump is completely silent. I do not hear it whatsoever and I use my computer with it sitting at head level right beside me.

As far as is liquid AIO better than air cooling? typically yes. but its also typically more expensive. Most AIO's are maintenance free (such as the corsair ones) and last for several years. Its also like ryanmmax said, the difference isn't all that severe, often being only a few degrees vs a decent air cooler and a decent AIO. I like my H100i V2 though, its real quiet, real good, and looks real nice! =)

3 minutes ago, oo2k15 said:

Ok thank you. Btw I never use AIO before is it reliable compare to air cooler? In terms of they both lasting as long. Is there any maintenance involve with AIO? Personally I like to plug in and play without having to worry about it until I need to upgrade my PC. Btw thanks for recommending the fans. Is there a reason why you went with shadow wings instead of silent wings? Better static pressure?

AIOs rarely leak anymore and very few AIOs require maintenance. How long they last i'm not sure but i haven't heard anyone complain. 

And about the Shadow Wings 2, they dont exist, it was mess up on my part, i meant the Silent Wings 2.

The Venturi have better static pressure but IMO the silent wings are sleeker and i can't see the IRL temperature difference being significant.

2 hours ago, oo2k15 said:

Which one should I go for? I'll be putting them in my Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tg case. Personally I love the look of dark rock pro 3 but AIO ain't shabby either. The case comes with radiator bracket for easy installation. Personally I never use AIO before. Also I'm going for stealth black look. And if I do go with AIO which AIO should I go for? Corsair h115i their newest? Is there a black corsair fan I can swap out grey fan for black one? Maybe I should go with silent wings 2 fans from be Quiet or noctua?

If you are going to overclock your CPU, you really don't need Corsair's newest. the H100i v2 runs you around $90 but you can get very decent cooling in a dual radiator setup. I use this AiO my self, and I recommend it. Its very nice for OC's for a decent price. I would like to see it be 80 bucks, but I got mine at $88. Very nice one, a bit OP, but with Overclocking in mind this gives you plenty of headroom.

Mines barely running fast and it has me at 30 C.

(my GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 doesn't come in until around Wednesday :()

IMG_04072016_134812.png

Edited by Cyndre
Not H110i v2, H100i v2!

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.5GHz Corsair H100i v2 | Asus Z170-A | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8 3200Mhz | Samsung 960 EVO 1TB + 850 EVO 250GB + Seagate 1TB | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+G | Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit (PcPartPicker)