rx 480 issues or something else overall

,I got my RX 480 yesterday, went on overwatch, got on to practice range and I keep getting lag and stutter. Thinking that I can actually play overwatch with the RX for 480. I think that my GTX 960 might be better even though it's basically impossible.  I just really don't know what's going on here, I have a MSI 970 gaming motherboard. My processor is the.  FX 8350 8 core  4.0 GHz 16.0 total cache. And my graphics card is the RX 480 running on windows 7, 64 bit. My friends think that i need to upgrade to windows 10 but I don't think that is the issue. Now I have a couple theories one is that my NVIDIA drivers are conflicting with my AMD drivers so I tried to uninstall them but they won't uninstall they keep saying there was a problem starting. C:/program files/nvidia corporation/installer2/installercore/nvi2.12.dll the specified module could not be found. So I tried to uninstall them manually got some of them off others would not come off. So I was thinking a fresh install but I really don't want to do that.  I went back on overwatch, turned on the settings to low and still got the lag. Cant be my processor 'cause it's not at full load neither is my graphics card so either my graphics card is faulty,  i did try a fresh install of the game and that didn't work.  I did try a different game as well got the same problem lag. If I'm missing anything please let me know I will try to get the information for you. I really hope I can get this solved soon I would really like to play games without lag considering I almost spent $300 on this card..

i hope im on the right forum to

qaaaaa.png

Use DDU to uninstall the drivers and/or make sure you have the latest drivers from AMD's site., most of the time it's a driver problem/comflict.

8 minutes ago, ihatelag said:

,I got my RX 480 yesterday, went on overwatch, got on to practice range and I keep getting lag and stutter. Thinking that I can actually play overwatch with the RX for 480. I think that my GTX 960 might be better even though it's basically impossible.  I just really don't know what's going on here, I have a MSI 970 gaming motherboard. My processor is the.  FX 8350 8 core  4.0 GHz 16.0 total cache. And my graphics card is the RX 480 running on windows 7, 64 bit. My friends think that i need to upgrade to windows 10 but I don't think that is the issue. Now I have a couple theories one is that my NVIDIA drivers are conflicting with my AMD drivers so I tried to uninstall them but they won't uninstall they keep saying there was a problem starting. C:/program files/nvidia corporation/installer2/installercore/nvi2.12.dll the specified module could not be found. So I tried to uninstall them manually got some of them off others would not come off. So I was thinking a fresh install but I really don't want to do that.  I went back on overwatch, turned on the settings to low and still got the lag. Cant be my processor 'cause it's not at full load neither is my graphics card so either my graphics card is faulty,  i did try a fresh install of the game and that didn't work.  I did try a different game as well got the same problem lag. If I'm missing anything please let me know I will try to get the information for you. I really hope I can get this solved soon I would really like to play games without lag considering I almost spent $300 on this card..

i hope im on the right forum to

Most likely the CPU. You can't look at the overall CPU load, because that will only read as maxed out if all 8 cores are under full load. If the game only uses 2 cores at a time, and the CPU is being maxed out on those 2 cores, it will only read as 25% load. You need software that can monitor the load on individual CPU cores, like HWiNFO64.

1 minute ago, ihatelag said:

i tried that nothing

But you said they wouldn't uninstall.

So the thing that I don't get is that the OP's CPU should be well enough to handle the card at the resolution he is playing at. While his AMD CPU isn't anything compared to an Intel i7 it should be enough to handle Overwatch. He has this problem on any game he tries to play. From what I understand, which is limited because I live quite a distance away, is that his GPU is constantly cycling from 0% to 100% and back down. At first we found that his CPU was only running on 4 threads instead of all 8 due to a setting in MSconfig. Now that that is fixed it still has the same issue related to the GPU. Honestly from all the things we've tried it appears there is some sort of software issue with drivers lest the GPU has a defect. 

29 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Most likely the CPU. You can't look at the overall CPU load, because that will only read as maxed out if all 8 cores are under full load. If the game only uses 2 cores at a time, and the CPU is being maxed out on those 2 cores, it will only read as 25% load. You need software that can monitor the load on individual CPU cores, like HWiNFO64.

11111.LOG

29 minutes ago, Arc_Jester said:

But you said they wouldn't uninstall.

ya they would not uninstall? i tried DDU it said complete but was still on there 

3 minutes ago, ihatelag said:

ya they would not uninstall? i tried DDU it said complete but was still on there 

Hmm that's strange, did use it in safe mode? If you did then the only solution I can think of is to do a fresh install of windows.

38 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

pPpWY.png

I think this would imply that Overwatch can take advantage of the FX-8350?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Arc_Jester said:

Hmm that's strange, did use it in safe mode? If you did then the only solution I can think of is to do a fresh install of windows.

Ya i did that to nothing im getting an SSD so hopefully that will fix it

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

How so?

Something about 63% just doesn't say the game only destroys 5 out of 8 cores.

It wouldn't exactly shock me if drivers were the main culprit here in terms of bad performance.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Does this help i would send a video but cant anyways,You have to Consider that the readings will fluctuate this is just a picture after all

11111111.png

11 minutes ago, ihatelag said:

Does this help i would send a video but cant anyways,You have to Consider that the readings will fluctuate this is just a picture after all

11111111.png

Hmm... doesnt look like either a CPU bottle neck or GPU (having the 480 tun at only 50% is kinda weird though)

But as for the lag problem, are you sure it's not just your internet? I dont think GPU have anything to do with Ping. Did you try it again with your 960?

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

2 minutes ago, Megazero said:

Hmm... doesnt look like either a CPU bottle neck or GPU (having the 480 tun at only 50% is kinda weird though)

But as for the lag problem, are you sure it's not just your internet? I dont think GPU have anything to do with Ping. Did you try it again with your 960?

To be honest i don't think it's my internet i think it's my Nvidia and AMD drivers

i got the Nvidia drivers off but still has frame rate issues

936 memory? Is that Ram? if you have 1 gb ram that might be the issue

edit: Nevermind saw the ram at the bottom after post

1 minute ago, Wolther said:

936 memory? Is that Ram? if you have 1 gb ram that might be the issue

no i have 8gb

2 minutes ago, ihatelag said:

no i have 8gb

Did you try running full screen, or windowed

1 minute ago, Wolther said:

Did you try running full screen?

yes

i had a problem with my graphics card recently lol. i somehow accidentally set the power limit to -50 :)

4 minutes ago, ihatelag said:

yes

Perhaps it's a problem with your HDD? Maybe try testing it with a program. Before that, did you change any setttings with your GPU, like underclocking?

Check memory.. one guy said his computer was running fine except games... he reseated him RAM then boom, all was ok.  Of course this might not be it, but who knows.  If the 480 AND 960 can't run the game, could it really be software limited? Overwatch to me doesn't even look demanding. What about Heaven or Valley Benchmarks? Something other than games... I'm sure it won't matter though if it's stuttering that bad.