Ipod Woes

Donut417

My mom has 2 Ipods. When ever I connect them to her computer it says something about not being able to access the device. If problem persists reinstall iTunes. Ok, Ive install iTunes 5 times. Funny thing is her laptop detects both Ipods. Laptop is running Windows 7. *Let me grab the anti windows 10 bandwagon* Her desktop runs Windows 10. I have tried reinstalling the Ipod drivers and Ive reinstall iTunes many times. Ive updated iTunes. Is this one of those, Microsoft hates Apple and doesn't want it to work. Or is this just one of many Windows 10 issues. Lets just say my mom is not impressed with Microsoft new OS. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Xandaaa said:

What ipod is it?

There both nano's I think. Ones just older, much older. 

Do you know which gen? do some research and figure out how to reset them.

1 minute ago, Xandaaa said:

Do you know which gen? do some research and figure out how to reset them.

How can it be an issue with the Ipods when my moms Windows 7 laptop has no issues with them? 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

How can it be an issue with the Ipods when my moms Windows 7 laptop has no issues with them? 

Ohh you're right. My bad bro I read it wrong. In that case I'm not sure if you've reinstalled the drivers.

6 minutes ago, Xandaaa said:

Ohh you're right. My bad bro I read it wrong. In that case I'm not sure if you've reinstalled the drivers.

Yeah, reinstall both iTunes and drivers multiple times. I get a error in Device Manager that shows a USB mass storage device and give a code 22 I think. "Windows is uninstalling Device". I have no clue. 

On 7/3/2016 at 0:31 PM, Donut417 said:

Yeah, reinstall both iTunes and drivers multiple times. I get a error in Device Manager that shows a USB mass storage device and give a code 22 I think. "Windows is uninstalling Device". I have no clue. 

Any ideas? Like i stated it works fine in windows 7. Just not on my moms windows 10 machine. 

After having an iPod classic for a few years and the first iPad and having used them with windows for a years and dealing with crap like this, I made a choice to get a mac if only for the ensured compatibility of the ecosystem. It's been great since.

Also, I had a problem sister that constantly got malware and viruses, and had to do reinstalls for her every few months. So I gave her a cheap mac back in like 2004 when I found one on sale. Never had to fix her computer EVER AGAIN.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

1 hour ago, dtaflorida said:

After having an iPod classic for a few years and the first iPad and having used them with windows for a years and dealing with crap like this, I made a choice to get a mac if only for the ensured compatibility of the ecosystem. It's been great since.

Also, I had a problem sister that constantly got malware and viruses, and had to do reinstalls for her every few months. So I gave her a cheap mac back in like 2004 when I found one on sale. Never had to fix her computer EVER AGAIN.

Getting a MAC is not an option. A) I have no clue how to use MAC OS which means my mom will not know how to use it  B) My mom will not pay the ridiculous sums of money Apple wants for a computer C) Apple knows damn well MS has the largest market share. So they need to get there head out of their ass. Or people will stop buying their product. 

58 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

A) I have no clue how to use MAC OS which means my mom will not know how to use it  B) My mom will not pay the ridiculous sums of money Apple wants for a computer C) Apple knows damn well MS has the largest market share

A) It's Apple, it's made for dummies, anyone can use it.

B) Herein is the real objection, price. Personally, I'm willing to eat the cost personally given the time spent fixing the recipient's(sister) PC is worth the value amortized over the life of the device. ie I don't get paid $40/hr to work on friends and family's PC problems. Tho I guess with health and other benefits it should be more like $50-60/hr... since 2004.

C) And you know damn well that Apple make the iPod and iTunes, so of course these devices work best together. 

Your problem is probably a driver that isn't completely uninstalled, you needs to actually remove the driver file from your system.

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-itunes-on-windows-10-not-detecting-recognizing-iphone-heres-how/

Also ensuring the iPod has the latest iOS helps it install the proper drivers when it's connected.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

18 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

A) It's Apple, it's made for dummies, anyone can use it.

B) Herein is the real objection, price. Personally, I'm willing to eat the cost personally given the time spent fixing the recipient's(sister) PC is worth the value amortized over the life of the device. ie I don't get paid $40/hr to work on friends and family's PC problems. Tho I guess with health and other benefits it should be more like $50-60/hr... since 2004.

C) And you know damn well that Apple make the iPod and iTunes, so of course these devices work best together. 

Your problem is probably a driver that isn't completely uninstalled, you needs to actually remove the driver file from your system.

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-itunes-on-windows-10-not-detecting-recognizing-iphone-heres-how/

Also ensuring the iPod has the latest iOS helps it install the proper drivers when it's connected.

How about this one. There will be no Apple Computers allowed in this house. On top of the fact we should not have to shell out $1000 - $1500 to fix an issue with this product. Just saying. This is a Microsoft house hold. Plus my mom knows id loose all respect for her if she bought a MAC. 

Ok I fixed it. I found a solution on Youtube. For those whom are having issues. You need to uninstall ALL Apple Software and devices on your computer. Restart your Computer and reinstall everything fresh. After I did that and connected the Ipod I was presented with an Ipod software update, now its all good again.