Help! QoS problem

Buildingi3

I wonder if someone know how to limit bandwidth using this QoS? I wanted to filter the bandwidth with each device that is connecting to our internet.

qos.jpg

I believe that is for prioritizing special packet, such as VoIP and games packet, rather than limiting bandwidth for each client. I might be wrong though.

What router do you use?

QoS itself is just a tagging method to let QoS aware networking devices know which packets are more important than others. I you are trying to us a QoS feature on your home all-in-one device, I would suggest turning it off as your ISP doesn't care if your traffic is tagged, they mark it as "best effort" when it enters their network regardless of any tagging the traffic already has (unless you pay them thousands of dollars for guaranteed services). This means it will only help with congestion internal to your network. With that said tho, consumer grade devices lack the ASIC hardware to do QoS at a hardware level, this causes higher latency and really should only be used in situations where the bandwidth is being fully saturated at all times.

Just turn QoS off, the increased latency on your traffic is not worth your time. It is possible it may cause the device to more accurately drop non-priority traffic at times of congestion, however it will do nothing for your traffic once it leaves your network and will serve little to no purpose unless you are completely saturating your link nearly all the time and would benefit from certain types of traffic being dropped, in favor of others being transmitted.

Edit: If you are looking for bandwidth limiting based on traffic types/QoS markings, you most likely need to configure a policer, which consumer gear is almost guaranteed not to have.