How much is too much? My motherboard supports 9 fans. Is this layout overkill?

Mk7-Golf-R

I have a enthoo luxe case and x99 deluxe II motherboard. So I have many, many options when it comes to fan setup.

i want to maximize the cooling without creating dead spots. I will have temp control of each fan, and will have most of them off, exept for during heavy use. Here is my planned layout.

2, 140mm fans at front intake.

1, 140mm fan on bottom of case, near the front for intake

2, 120mm SP fans on the rear of the hard drive cages to help pull air from the front fans

1, 200mm top rear for exhaust

1, 120mm rear for exhaust

1, 120mm fan on cpu cooler, with option for second cpu fan.

heres the possible fan layouts

image.jpg

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Go easy on the fans. All you really need is a front intake or two and a rear exhaust fan. It wont make a difference to have more.

I was just thinking about how to evacuate the hot air created by SLI pascal graphics cards. 

I have two custom cooler 1080s on the way.

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case

LTT did a video on this:

TL;DR the least you need is 1 intake 1 exhaust, the optimal configuration is 2 intake 1 exhaust. 

Really- all you need is good airflow. Two 140mm in front and one 140mm in back would be good. That's what I have right now.

I used to be quite active here.

I hereby dub your case the X-99icane.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

An issue with top mounted fans near the front is they don't do anything, unless there is a rad, Fresh air goes in, and before it cools anything it goes out 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!