What is the Best CPU for Gaming?

9 minutes ago, Willovax said:

Or I should say my budget for the PC as a whole is $15,000.

grab yourself a great ergonomic chair, I highly recommend the Embody chair by Herman Miller ( about 2k with full options ) 

11 minutes ago, Willovax said:

Have you chosen a monitor yet ? 

1 minute ago, jwakeford said:

Have you chosen a monitor yet ? 

Yes I have, I am getting 2 Asus 24-inch monitors. 

4 minutes ago, Willovax said:

Why ?? 
I would definitely buy a 34inch 100 Hz ultrawide 3440x1440 Gsync monitor instead of bezels and dual 24inch

Why ?? 
I would definitely buy a 100 Hz ultrawide 3440x1440 Gsync monitor instead of bezels and dual 24inch

Well I would rather spend a lot of money on my actual computer, improving the performance, rather then having huge ultra wide quad screens and a crappy system that can't even run GTA 5 over 30 FPS.

7 minutes ago, Willovax said:

If you've got $15,000 to spend on a PC, you're going to have a hard time getting your money's worth if you're only gaming at 1080p (which I assume a 24" monitor must be). A very expensive monitor and the graphics hardware to run it is what separates a high-end PC from the ordinary $800–1000 gaming PCs that we peasants have. :)

2 minutes ago, Willovax said:

Well I would rather spend a lot of money on my actual computer, improving the performance, rather then having huge ultra wide quad screens and a crappy system that can't even run GTA 5 over 30 FPS.

any gaming build over 6000 dollars is overkill man ^^ 
If you got 15k buy a great HI-FI, DAC with audiophile subwoofer, great chair, great monitor, awesome headphones etc with the rest. 

1 minute ago, typographie said:

If you've got $15,000 to spend on a PC, you're going to have a hard time getting your money's worth if you're only gaming at 1080p. A very expensive monitor and the graphics hardware to run them is what separates a high-end PC from an ordinary $800–1000 gaming PC that we peasants have. :)

Well of course I can spend more money on monitors, and maybe I should, but still, I don't want 4 27 inch curved monitors or anything.

2 minutes ago, Willovax said:

Well of course I can spend more money on monitors, and maybe I should, but still, I don't want 4 27 inch curved monitors or anything.

Money certainly doesn't buy brains 

any gaming build over 6000 dollars is overkill man ^^ 
If you got 15k buy a great HI-FI, DAC with audiophile subwoofer, great chair, great monitor, awesome headphones etc with the rest. 

Maybe I am looking at this a bit weird. I still want something that fits on my desk though.

My build : 

Mionix Alioth
K70 RGB
Define S
RM1000x
NF-F12
NF-A14
X99 Strix asus
NH D15
Samsung EVO 850 1To
Corsair LPX 4Go 3000Mhz
X34A Predator
GTX 1080 G1 sli

TOTAL 4350 EUROS 

8 minutes ago, Willovax said:

Basically what I'm saying is that if all you want a pair of 1080p monitors, you won't be able to spend more than maybe a few thousand and get something that is still improving performance in a meaningful way. This budget could buy you practically anything you could want in a gaming system.

Personally I prefer gaming on a single gorgeous monitor. If it were me, I'd be looking at one of these.

Mionix Alioth
K70 RGB
Define S
RM1000x
NF-F12
NF-A14
X99 Strix asus
NH D15
Samsung EVO 850 1To
Corsair LPX 4Go 3000Mhz
X34A Predator
GTX 1080 G1 sli

TOTAL 4350 EUROS 

I mean, it is not like all of my stuff is not totally awsome. I am getting a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB mouse, and I am going with the Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mech Keyboard.

6 minutes ago, typographie said:

Basically what I'm saying is that if all you want a pair of 1080p monitors, you won't be able to spend more than maybe a few thousand and get something that is still improving performance in a meaningful way. This budget could buy you practically anything you could want in a gaming system.

Personally I prefer gaming on a single gorgeous monitor. If it were me, I'd be looking at one of these.

That might not be a bad idea.

37 minutes ago, Willovax said:

15000!?! 6950x,  dual gtx 1080s,  g900 chaos spectrum, any mechanical keyboard you like, ax1500i, a good mobo from a reputable brand like gigabyte,Intel 750 ssds with capacity if your choice and a nice 4k monitor that has gsync and 1ms response time, and a thunderbolt 3 expansion card just because it's nice to have thunderbolt

2 minutes ago, Yoobsterlol said:

15000!?! 6950x,  dual gtx 1080s,  g900 chaos spectrum, any mechanical keyboard you like, ax1500i, a good mobo from a reputable brand like gigabyte,Intel 750 ssds with capacity if your choice and a nice 4k monitor that has gsync and 1ms response time, and a thunderbolt 3 expansion card just because it's nice to have thunderbolt

Triple 4k monitors if you want but I doubt you will be able to use all 3 for gaming at 4k, maybe 1440p on all of them for gaming and use in 4k for the awesomest wallpapers and multitasking capabilities. 

Hmm..  6950x

Top motherboard

Lots of solid state

SLI 1080's

Great psu

Nice case

Triple Acer X34's

Might come out around $10k if you're picking premium bits.

33 minutes ago, Dark said:

Hmm..  6950x

Top motherboard

Lots of solid state

SLI 1080's

Great psu

Nice case

Triple Acer X34's

Might come out around $10k if you're picking premium bits.

no not 3 that would be terribly cramped horizontaly ! It's either one or 4 of them ( Stacking 2 pairs with the top row upside down  ) 
That way you keep a healthy ratio 

Or just be a baller and buy Dells OLED monitor...

Dell UP3017Q