RX 480 Not being detected

1 minute ago, Megazero said:

That's really weird... your PC dont even recognized the intel iGPU? And it only recognized the 480 as "basic display adapter". Maybe try enable the iGPU, plug ur monitor into the mobo and then completely uninstall that driver and install again?

Pretty sure it's not recognizing the Intel since I just ddu'd the drivers for them. or something. I actually tried doing that earlier, even using an extra HDD with windows to see if it was because of some specific windows version. Didn't work :/

I've even formatted another SSD I have with a new install of Windows and still having the same issue. I'll have to test in another board to see if it has the same issue. 

2 minutes ago, ReviewsByGarry said:

I've even formatted another SSD I have with a new install of Windows and still having the same issue. I'll have to test in another board to see if it has the same issue. 

Just a question, but are the installs you used windows 8? If possible can you try windows 10? That might be the problem.

2 hours ago, Varaxous said:

Just a question, but are the installs you used windows 8? If possible can you try windows 10? That might be the problem.

Sure enough, I popped in my OCZ drive that had Windows 10 installed, picked up the video card right away. Although I prefer 8.1 enterprise, at least I can review the card. 

50 minutes ago, ReviewsByGarry said:

Sure enough, I popped in my OCZ drive that had Windows 10 installed, picked up the video card right away. Although I prefer 8.1 enterprise, at least I can review the card. 

That's... weird LOL. But I guess it DO make sense since after all only Windows 10 support DX12, and AMD have been relying on that pretty hard

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Sadly, after I do my Windows 10 review of the card, I will most likely be returning it due to this issue, unless AMD releases some sort of 8.1 fix. 

7 hours ago, ReviewsByGarry said:

Sadly, after I do my Windows 10 review of the card, I will most likely be returning it due to this issue, unless AMD releases some sort of 8.1 fix. 

This is weird, surely they would have Win 8/8.1 supported drivers?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+8.1+-+64

My profile... HERE

Join the Disqussions... https://disqus.com/home/channel/techinquisition/

On 6/30/2016 at 8:28 PM, Tech Inquisition said:

This is weird, surely they would have Win 8/8.1 supported drivers?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+8.1+-+64

I spoke with XFX directly, they said they've not had any issues, but others are having the same issues with other board partner versions as well, so I don't think it's brand related. I am going to mess around with the card a bit more... even AMD's driver site says it accepts 8.1/8 but.. when you try to update the Microsoft Display Adapter with the drivers, it says there are no drivers for your hardware. Very very strange issue. 

Pretty sure I found the answer to our questions. Look at the image I've included. 

CmWACzZWcAAZHpN[1].jpg

They straight up skipped the 8/8.1 LOL

wonder if Microsoft has anything to do with it

1 hour ago, ReviewsByGarry said:

Pretty sure I found the answer to our questions. Look at the image I've included. 

LOL. I understand if they limited it to Windows 10, but why 7?

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

On 02/07/2016 at 11:45 AM, ReviewsByGarry said:

I spoke with XFX directly, they said they've not had any issues, but others are having the same issues with other board partner versions as well, so I don't think it's brand related. I am going to mess around with the card a bit more... even AMD's driver site says it accepts 8.1/8 but.. when you try to update the Microsoft Display Adapter with the drivers, it says there are no drivers for your hardware. Very very strange issue. 

Indeed, seems AMD decided to nerf Win 8 support...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

My profile... HERE

Join the Disqussions... https://disqus.com/home/channel/techinquisition/

On 6/29/2016 at 11:32 PM, Varaxous said:

I have tried to several times. The install manager doesn't install everything, it just shows this:http://imgur.com/PDNl5ZU (shamelessly stolen from the reddit thread)

do a manual manual install 

Tk34cbq.png

use device manager to install the drivers from the extracted package location.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

• 1 month later...

I just did a fresh install Windows 7 on a new system (so there is no conflict with old display drivers). I noticed my 480 wasn't recognized when running MSI AfterBurner. Seems like a common issue.

I ran AMD's setup again, and it's working. The bottom one in picture. Just ran it multiple times until things cooperated..

Capture.PNG

• 2 months later...