Security programs

Im working on something and im wondering what other security programs are used by people?

Other then:

Encryption, Decryption and Anti Virus/Malware.

Question to everyone reading? What would you like to see for security on top of what is already out there?

Thanks for the answers in advanced.

I use a customized Hosts file, to block my pc from getting a connection to about 15.000 servers. Some are add servers, some are privacy related servers, some are cookie thingies, some sites that try to follow me @ random, and lots of servers which have had or still have a mallware infection.

This also prevents virusses or things like that, for some part, not to report back to their creators. (it is impossible to be 100% secure, so just take that in account to)

There are also people, like me, who avoid cloud services. And people who really like privacy, use virtual machines, proxy servers, VPN's and/or TOR browser. All of these things are in some way connected to  security.

4 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

I use a customized Hosts file, to block my pc from getting a connection to about 15.000 servers. Some are add servers, some are privacy related servers, some are cookie thingies, some sites that try to follow me @ random, and lots of servers which have had or still have a mallware infection.

This also prevents virusses or things like that, for some part, not to report back to their creators. (it is impossible to be 100% secure, so just take that in account to)

There are also people, like me, who avoid cloud services. And people who really like privacy, use virtual machines, proxy servers, VPN's and/or TOR browser. All of these things are in some way connected to  security.

Okay thank you for your input :)

And adblocker and noscript are also security programs used by a lot of people

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just thought of something else. I don't thrust the internet myself, and I don't like many things. I accept the risk of getting mallware/virusses/spy bots/whatever. But using for example g00gle to find out to which website some link is trying to forward, will also help you remain free from those black-hat people.

I lack the expertise to have bullet proof security. (and as said before, no one and nothing is 100% secure) When I need to check my bank account, or any other important things connected to myself, or ways which could get me scammed/hacked/whatnot, also think of identity theft, I will ALWAYS go to my local bank or public library. They have free-to-use computers there. Especialy the local bank has very good security. So whatever infection I might get (check my pc a few times a year, always clean btw...), it is not important since I only use personal information on a different location.

Forgot another one... UNINSTALL ADOBE FLASH!!! Yes, you will be limited with free p0rn, but considering how many times they find critical security leaks... If everyone would stop using flash plugins, all the interwebs is being forced to use HTML5, which is way better/more secure.

Then a question to everyone reading? what would you like to see for security?

DON'T SLOW DOWN MY PC!!! It's very old, and resources are limited! (mods I used to have were somewhat great for security, and made my PC faster)

3 hours ago, Dutch-stoner said:

DON'T SLOW DOWN MY PC!!! It's very old, and resources are limited! (mods I used to have were somewhat great for security, and made my PC faster)

This. Anti-Malware can consume your computer power. Also something a lot more up to date and hassle free I am an IT person studying Network security and I am can say most users just want something that doesnt slow them down and is insanely trustworthy, secure and convenient. I think most security people forgot that users do not want to be bothered with it they just want it to work and I think this is why most people do not even turn on 2 factor authentication.

33 minutes ago, The Falcon said:

This. Anti-Malware can consume your computer power. Also something a lot more up to date and hassle free I am an IT person studying Network security and I am can say most users just want something that doesnt slow them down and is insanely trustworthy, secure and convenient. I think most security people forgot that users do not want to be bothered with it they just want it to work and I think this is why most people do not even turn on 2 factor authentication.

Thank you for the input. 

Malware scanner will be worked into the software :)