College Project Suggestions

GuideMe002

Hello Guys I need your suggestion because me and my groupmates need a project ideas. it should have a hardware(prototype) and software(android app, web).

i hope the ideas you will suggest are not so hard because of time constraints.

Required area of projects:

1) Innovations on energy production from water systems and resources (e.g. irrigation, sewage, tidal, marine, etc.)

2) Energy production from food waste materials (e.g. biomass, biogas, biofuel, waste-to-energy, etc.)

3) Technologies for efficient utilization of energy-food-water resources (e.g. desalination, co-generation, etc.)

4) Innovative technologies for extending food shelf-life (e.g. efficient dryers, etc.)

5) Water purification technologies (e.g. reverse and forward osmosis, etc.)

All Ideas are accepted :) thanks!

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

13 minutes ago, GuideMe002 said:

Hello Guys I need your suggestion because me and my groupmates need a project ideas. it should have a hardware(prototype) and software(android app, web).

i hope the ideas you will suggest are not so hard because of time constraints.

Required area of projects:

1) Innovations on energy production from water systems and resources (e.g. irrigation, sewage, tidal, marine, etc.)

2) Energy production from food waste materials (e.g. biomass, biogas, biofuel, waste-to-energy, etc.)

3) Technologies for efficient utilization of energy-food-water resources (e.g. desalination, co-generation, etc.)

4) Innovative technologies for extending food shelf-life (e.g. efficient dryers, etc.)

5) Water purification technologies (e.g. reverse and forward osmosis, etc.)

All Ideas are accepted :) thanks!

What courses are you doing / have you done in college ? ..

I'll suggest you according to that =)

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

Oh yeah, let me come up with an idea for something I have no knowledge in, that you do (or at least should) have knowledge in because you have done this for the last 1, 2, 3 or 4 years...

Anyways, judgmental phase is over. 

Maybe you can think of some sort of bottle that you can put in the sun and after that shake it so the water in it (possibly rain water?) purifies. The app/web part is some sort of timer or whatever to tell you how long it should stay in the sun. Or put some thermometer in the bottle so you know how hot it is and if it is actually hot enough to purify it..

Something like that.

I don't know if that is possible, I just give some ideas..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

21 minutes ago, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

What courses are you doing / have you done in college ? ..

I'll suggest you according to that =)

I'm 5th year Computer Engineering student (so almost all courses is done *but i hate signal processing* so its out of context). I need to come up with the project in order to graduate.

13 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Oh yeah, let me come up with an idea for something I have no knowledge in, that you do (or at least should) have knowledge in because you have done this for the last 1, 2, 3 or 4 years...

Anyways, judgmental phase is over. 

Maybe you can think of some sort of bottle that you can put in the sun and after that shake it so the water in it (possibly rain water?) purifies. The app/web part is some sort of timer or whatever to tell you how long it should stay in the sun. Or put some thermometer in the bottle so you know how hot it is and if it is actually hot enough to purify it..

Something like that.

I don't know if that is possible, I just give some ideas..

That is a brilliant idea.i thinks its possible and i can do it. the only problem is i cant create the prototype inside a bottle. specific article for this is the "Solar powered water desalination"

1 hour ago, GuideMe002 said:

That is a brilliant idea.i thinks its possible and i can do it. the only problem is i cant create the prototype inside a bottle. specific article for this is the "Solar powered water desalination"

Cool. Not sure if you guys can do a concept prototype or just a legit prototype. The difference would be the first has multiple prototypes that prove the concept, while the latter is just one thing to show it works.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Maybe you can create a smart irrigation system which intelligently monitors and delivers water and nutrients that each specific plant requires .. And maybe even regulates the light of every plant .. 

What you can do :- 

Connect some actuators to arduinos like an IOT .. Connect them to a central mainframe which can be your laptop .. 

The laptop can then relay the information to your phone and the condition of each plant ..

You can alter the amount of anything that the plant receives .. :)

Hope that helps 

21 hours ago, Minibois said:

Cool. Not sure if you guys can do a concept prototype or just a legit prototype. The difference would be the first has multiple prototypes that prove the concept, while the latter is just one thing to show it works.

We need a prototype the show it works but also presentable because it will be presented to different engineers in our school.

10 hours ago, GeneralTheoryOfBadassery said:

Maybe you can create a smart irrigation system which intelligently monitors and delivers water and nutrients that each specific plant requires .. And maybe even regulates the light of every plant .. 

What you can do :- 

Connect some actuators to arduinos like an IOT .. Connect them to a central mainframe which can be your laptop .. 

The laptop can then relay the information to your phone and the condition of each plant ..

You can alter the amount of anything that the plant receives .. :)

Hope that helps 

Our problem is that i think there's a patent for a smart irrigation system.  but the suggestion is really helpful,brilliant and possible.

3 hours ago, GuideMe002 said:

We need a prototype the show it works but also presentable because it will be presented to different engineers in our school.

Our problem is that i think there's a patent for a smart irrigation system.  but the suggestion is really helpful,brilliant and possible.

You can swap out the irrigation part and replace it with something else .. Like monitoring patients in hospitals and their drugs :) ..

Not necessarily patients .. But I think you can swap em out for many things ..

Maybe you can do just that ! .. Create modular version of that patent . .

The consumer will just swap out the end part :) ..