I still cant run Crysis 1

Go to solution Solved by SteveGrabowski0,

Crysis 1 is horribly optimized. On my Xeon E3-1231v3 it pins one core to 100%, one to 50%, and the other 6 threads do jack shit. I get lots of dips into the high 40s in the second mission of the game. The GPU isn't the bottleneck, it's all the cpu.

7 minutes ago, Humbug said:

i get what you're saying but even the per core performance of modern AMD and Intel CPUs is a lot better than those old core2 CPUs. So even if the workload is relatively singlethreaded it should perform. If not it's not well optimized enough.

I'll give you Intel's per core performance but AMD's clearly isn't. Like i said going from a 8350 to a 5960x my performance almost doubled in crysis 1. Sure there is both a huge price and performance difference between the 2 but for a game that old it shouldn't be that big. I had 40 to 60Fps with my old 8800GT and Q6600 back in the day i played that game for the first time. An 8350 and 2 7970's should have given me a lot more then 60 to 70fps. Even when i went from 1680x1050 to 1080p. It should have been the 100+ i got with my 5960x.

Besides it's well known the FX cpu's were made for multithreaded stuff and not single threaded which crysis still needs more of. So i'd say the OP needs a better CPU for more FPS or just fight through it

I have no signature