New build £700 budget tower only

would this build be compatible, would there be any bottle necking issues etc. its for mainly gaming on a 1080p 60hz monitor. thanks. would i need a higher power supply or would the 500w be sufficient.Build updated.png

• CPU
    Intel i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus Formuula VIII
  • RAM
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti
  • Case
    Be Quiet Silent Base
  • Storage
    256GB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD and 2TB Samsung SSD
  • PSU
    Corsair AX860
  • Display(s)
    Asus Rog Swift pg279q, 165Hz IPS
  • Cooling
    Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Razer Huntsman Elite
  • Mouse
    Mionix Castor (waiting on stock for the G Pro Wireless)
  • Sound
    Asus Xonar Essence stx, Audioengine A5+, Sennheiser HD650

3 minutes ago, radical guild said:

You should be good but wait for the rx 480 

this.

and pretty sure that power supply is a fail. @STRMfrmXMN can help you here.

4 minutes ago, radical guild said:

You should be good but wait for the rx 480 

when is the release date and expected cost of that in gbp ? as its for a friends son as a birthday present 

• CPU
    Intel i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti
  • Case
    Be Quiet Silent Base
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Corsair AX860
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Razer Huntsman Elite
  • Mouse
  • Sound

14 minutes ago, smith315pm said:

would this build be compatible, would there be any bottle necking issues etc. its for mainly gaming on a 1080p 60hz monitor. thanks. would i need a higher power supply or would the 500w be sufficient.Build updated.png

500W is plenty but the quality of that particular power supply you chose is lacking. If you're set on an EVGA power supply then the EVGA 750B2 is a great unit. There are yet to be lower wattage versions of it but it's great value for the money.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

9 minutes ago, smith315pm said:

when is the release date and expected cost of that in gbp ? as its for a friends son as a birthday present 

The RX 480 release date is June 29th. The cost expected to ship to the United States is $200 USD. Not sure how it will translate into GBP.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The 480 is going to be £200, whilst being as fast as a 980 and with the same power draw as a 970. Just wait a few days... 

7 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

500W is plenty but the quality of that particular power supply you chose is lacking. If you're set on an EVGA power supply then the EVGA 750B2 is a great unit. There are yet to be lower wattage versions of it but it's great value for the money.

the make of the power supply is not an issue, if you could recommend a more suitable choice then that would be great even if it was to stretch an extra bit of cash

• CPU
    Intel i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti
  • Case
    Be Quiet Silent Base
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Corsair AX860
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Razer Huntsman Elite
  • Mouse
  • Sound

2 minutes ago, Dogeystyle said:

The 480 is going to be £200, whilst being as fast as a 980 and with the same power draw as a 970. Just wait a few days... 

how are amd with graphics cards lately? iv always been an nvidia fan boy myself so i dont have great knowledge on it

• CPU
    Intel i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti
  • Case
    Be Quiet Silent Base
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Corsair AX860
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Razer Huntsman Elite
  • Mouse
  • Sound

23 minutes ago, smith315pm said:

Motherboard is excessively expensive for no reason whatsoever. Some Z170 boards are cheaper than that. If you can change to a more sensible board, you'll be able to upgrade the CPU to an i5 6500.

Motherboard is excessively expensive for no reason whatsoever. Some Z170 boards are cheaper than that. If you can change to a more sensible board, you'll be able to upgrade the CPU to an i5 6500.

thanks for that advice, i will look in to that

• CPU
    Intel i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti
  • Case
    Be Quiet Silent Base
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Corsair AX860
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Razer Huntsman Elite
  • Mouse
  • Sound

5 minutes ago, smith315pm said:

how are amd with graphics cards lately

They're fine with drivers, cooling and the like. The only difference in quality is perception of the quality. R9 290X beats out the 780 Ti which it was slower than on release. 390X can trade blows with a 980, which it was slower than on release. This shows you that AMD high end cards tend to have the long term graphics legs compared to Nvidia. 

The thing to look out for are the vendors, stay away from XFX or Powercolor.

They're fine with drivers, cooling and the like. The only difference in quality is perception of the quality. R9 290X beats out the 780 Ti which it was slower than on release. 390X can trade blows with a 980, which it was slower than on release. This shows you that AMD high end cards tend to have the long term graphics legs compared to Nvidia. 

yer i usually stick to evga, never had a problem with them and i may stick to the 970, maybe im stupid and not cost efficient but iv never had a problem with nvidia before so im being a bit of a fan boy, thanks for the advice

• CPU
    Intel i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti
  • Case
    Be Quiet Silent Base
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Corsair AX860
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Razer Huntsman Elite
  • Mouse
  • Sound

5 minutes ago, Dogeystyle said:

Nothing wrong with XFX gpu's. Powercolor are also fairly decent. I would say that Asus is best avoided for AMD cards as their coolers have been lacking in previous cards. 

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Nothing wrong with XFX gpu's. Powercolor are also fairly decent. I would say that Asus is best avoided for AMD cards as their coolers have been lacking in previous cards. 

Nothing is wrong with the GPUs, I agree. It's the customer service that's complete sh*t with both of them if your GPU develops a problem 2 and a half years into the 3 year warranty.

21 minutes ago, smith315pm said:

the make of the power supply is not an issue, if you could recommend a more suitable choice then that would be great even if it was to stretch an extra bit of cash

OK, well so far, judging by prices in America the B2 is a much better value. The PSU whitelist in my signature should give you lots of options.

1 minute ago, Dogeystyle said:

Nothing is wrong with the GPUs, I agree. It's the customer service that's complete sh*t with both of them if your GPU develops a problem 2 and a half years into the 3 year warranty.

If you buy XFX from somewhere like Overclockers then they handle all the hassle for you. No idea what Powercolor RMA is like though.

Anyway I was referring to the quality of the gpu as opposed to the warranty support. 

4 minutes ago, Dogeystyle said:

I've had problems with all 3. Amazing how terrible some companies are with customer service.

EDIT: Wait, got Powercolor confused with HIS. HIS is much worse. Not sure about Powercolor.

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I've had problems with all 3. Amazing how terrible some companies are with customer service.

EDIT: Wait, got Powercolor confused with ---. --- is much worse. Not sure about Powercolor.

We don't talk about HIS....

We don't talk about HIS....

In my comp sci class we needed two gaming PCs for making games and we had a GTX 960 and an R9 280 (ordered a few weeks apart). The HIS IceQ that was sent literally did not work out of the box. We tried to send it back and HIS literally did not ever acknowledge the RMA request. RIP money.

9 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

OK, well so far, judging by prices in America the B2 is a much better value. The PSU whitelist in my signature should give you lots of options.

thoughts on  Corsair 550 Watt CX550M ? would that be ideal, or what would you reccomend best for around 50gbp

• CPU
    Intel i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti
  • Case
    Be Quiet Silent Base
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Corsair AX860
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Razer Huntsman Elite
  • Mouse
  • Sound

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

In my comp sci class we needed two gaming PCs for making games and we had a GTX 960 and an R9 280 (ordered a few weeks apart). The HIS IceQ that was sent literally did not work out of the box. We tried to send it back and HIS literally did not ever acknowledge the RMA request. RIP money.

That's BS to the extreme. I once bought a 280X from MSI with the Twin Frozr, and the fans literally started leaking bearing lubricant all over my motherboard. The bottom of the case was like a deep fat fryer. I sent a very disgruntled email to the UK HQ of MSI and they said "working as intended". I called OcUK about this, and they told me that this was an isolated case and and I referred me back to MSI. Only after a week of email ping pong and a tell-tale review on the product page by me (which they censored and removed) did they only replace my card. And people wonder why Amazon and it's one-click no questions asked returns policy is so popular...

That's BS to the extreme. I once bought a 280X from MSI with the Twin Frozr, and the fans literally started leaking bearing lubricant all over my motherboard. The bottom of the case was like a deep fat fryer. I sent a very disgruntled email to the UK HQ of MSI and they said "working as intended". I called OcUK about this, and they told me that this was an isolated case and and I referred me back to MSI. Only after a week of email ping pong and a tell-tale review on the product page by me (which they censored and removed) did they only replace my card. And people wonder why Amazon and it's one-click no questions asked returns policy is so popular...

i thought this post was about my build :S cant you pm if you wanna debate off topic :P

• CPU
    Intel i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti
  • Case
    Be Quiet Silent Base
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Corsair AX860
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Razer Huntsman Elite
  • Mouse
  • Sound

1 minute ago, smith315pm said:

i thought this post was about my build :S cant you pm if you wanna debate off topic :P

Sorry mate, genuinely. Have you any more questions? I've been building PCs for 5 years now.