Need a GPU that can output to 3 NON displayport at once

iamdarkyoshi
Go to solution Solved by iamdarkyoshi,
14 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Is that the Fermi one or the Kepler one? (96 cores or 384 cores?)

The one that cant play rocket league at minimal settings at 720p. The 4GB one from MSI.

But I found a random GT720 in my mediaserver, kinda forgot about it.

IMG_20160623_150052.jpg

Never thought I would say this, but the GT 720 is overkill xD

It does mean one monitot is VGA, but all of these displays are piles of crap anyway, one of them has a >25ms response time :o

Garage PC. I can use the onboard graphics with an addon card... if that addon card is PCI only. I cannot run a PCIE card and PCI card at the same time. Onboard had displayport and VGA. I have a PCIE based expansion card that adds DVI to the onboard video. I cannot use DP converted to DVI though with two other monitors. Basically the only way for me to do 3 monitors is with onboard VGA plus DVI and HDMI on the PCI HD 4350

The issue here is that the 4350 is not fast enough for my 3D printing software, an HD 6450 is enough though.

So I need a videocard as fast as an HD6450 (AKA anything) that can do three NON displayport monitors at once.

2 minutes ago, awesomeness10120 said:

Why not use an adapter?

Adapting what to what? My monitors are VGA or DVI, I own a passive DP to DVI adapter and a DVI to VGA adapter. None of which work. Most GPUs can only do 2 non DP monitors

Not too many cards can run triple monitors without the use of an active adapter, and ones that can are usually specially made (expensive) in order to do so, an active DP to dvi should work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EDT01TO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466653461&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=active+dp+to+dvi&dpPl=1&dpID=41m4rhbeqmL&ref=plSrch

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Most newer mid-range Nvidia cards can do 3+ monitors without an active DP adapter. My Gigabyte GTX 750 (non-Ti) 2GB can do two over DVI + one HDMI.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

53 minutes ago, EcoBoost said:

Most newer mid-range Nvidia cards can do 3+ monitors without an active DP adapter. My Gigabyte GTX 750 (non-Ti) 2GB can do two over DVI + one HDMI.

31 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Get an NVIDIA card, their cards have been capable of triple monitors without DP for a few generations now. Most AMD cards still have the restriction where an active adapter or DP monitor is required for 3+.

My GT 630 can't :(

14 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Is that the Fermi one or the Kepler one? (96 cores or 384 cores?)

The one that cant play rocket league at minimal settings at 720p. The 4GB one from MSI.

But I found a random GT720 in my mediaserver, kinda forgot about it.

IMG_20160623_150052.jpg

Never thought I would say this, but the GT 720 is overkill xD

It does mean one monitot is VGA, but all of these displays are piles of crap anyway, one of them has a >25ms response time :o