Is this Xeon enough for gaming and handling two Titan Xs?

3 minutes ago, GustlMollath said:

Is this Xeon enough for gaming and handling two Titan Xs?

It should be able to game with two Titan x but I would rather use a 5820k. It has enough pcie lanes to run both at 16x. I just like being able to easily oc for faster cores.

6C12T turbos up to 3.2GHz. Can you game on it? Yes. Will it bottleneck two Titan X's? It might to an extent but you should still have a grand experience with it. Do you have a necessity for ECC memory or have you found it much cheaper than a 5820K?

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

6C12T turbos up to 3.2GHz. Can you game on it? Yes. Will it bottleneck two Titan X's? It might to an extent but you should still have a grand experience with it. Do you have a necessity for ECC memory or have you found it much cheaper than a 5820K?

i found it much cheaper for 150 euros instead of 390 for a 5820k

4 minutes ago, GustlMollath said:

i found it much cheaper for 150 euros instead of 390 for a 5820k

It might bottleneck a little. I'm not 100% sure at 3.2GHz. If the base clock is unlocked you can try bumping it up a notch and running some tests to see if it'll increase performance at all but I don't predict massive performance loss due to 3.2GHz turbo clock.

I have one, and yes you can game on it. It has a much lower TDP compare to the power hungry ones, and ram is set at a much lower DDR4 1866 instead of DDR4 2133. There is no OC on the CPU, but it does allow for dual socket setups.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

It might bottleneck a little. I'm not 100% sure at 3.2GHz. If the base clock is unlocked you can try bumping it up a notch and running some tests to see if it'll increase performance at all but I don't predict massive performance loss due to 3.2GHz turbo clock.

would you think than i should stick with my e31230v3 for a while or save up the money for the 5820k?

4 minutes ago, GustlMollath said:

would you think than i should stick with my e31230v3 for a while or save up the money for the 5820k?

Best guarantee for least if no loss of performance at all would be save up for 5820K. HOWEVER the Xeon you picked out have 40 PCI_e lanes. The 5820K only has 28 PCI_e lanes. In the case of future expansion do you want full 40 lanes or save up for the 5930K?   

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

Best guarantee for least if no loss of performance at all would be save up for 5820K. HOWEVER the Xeon you picked out have 40 PCI_e lanes. The 5820K only has 28 PCI_e lanes. In the case of future expansion do you want full 40 lanes or save up for the 5930K?   

lanes might be better because of sound cards pic ssds and so on i want to have enough lanes to expand but gaming is my priority and if the 3.2Ghz bottleneck the gaming experience than i don't know what to take...

2 minutes ago, GustlMollath said:

lanes might be better because of sound cards pic ssds and so on i want to have enough lanes to expand but gaming is my priority and if the 3.2Ghz bottleneck the gaming experience than i don't know what to take...

You could game on it, the cpu wouldn't be close to being fully utilized though, and it will most likely only turbo at 3.0GHz on all cores.

And if you found a 2011-3 xeon for 150 euros then it is most likely an ES (Engineering Sample) cpu which is not the actual cpu just resembles it due to it being a preproduction sample which is illegal to sell, may break or have stability issues, it is property of intel, and no help will be given by intel if it fails. You can tell if it is an ES cpu if it says "confidential" on it.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •