Is water cooling worth it?

I've wanted to venture into water cooling for a long time but It seems its gonna cost £400+ for all the blocks, rad's,fittings, cooling e.t.c. Is it worth it? or should I just stick to air.

Also, My bedroom gets 25C when its in the summer and it kills me, will watercooling help to keep this room temperature down?

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

It does not keep your room temp down. It still pushes the same hot air into your room. I would go with a AIO watercooler though. It is really only necessary if you are ocing or using a chip that runs hot like the FX 8370

Cost performance basis, No.

Unless you jerry rig your radiator outside, it won't make your room cooler.  The heat of a 100W processor going into your room via air cooling or liquid cooling is the same.  Water cooling doesn't defy laws of thermodynamics.

Watercooling is very rarely worth all the expense put into it. Most do it just for the aesthetic and the fun of trying to put water/chemicals near really expensive hardware!

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

11 minutes ago, sissj said:

I've wanted to venture into water cooling for a long time but It seems its gonna cost £400+ for all the blocks, rad's,fittings, cooling e.t.c. Is it worth it? or should I just stick to air.

Also, My bedroom gets 25C when its in the summer and it kills me, will watercooling help to keep this room temperature down?

in the long run... no its not worth it. Water cooling is more a hobby than anything. Sure you can save a couple Celsius here and there, but the price to performance for a custom loop does not justify the cost. You would be better going with an AIO solution like the EK Predator if you want water cooling at a decent price. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 hours ago, Orboe said:

It does not keep your room temp down. It still pushes the same hot air into your room. I would go with a AIO watercooler though. It is really only necessary if you are ocing or using a chip that runs hot like the FX 8370

Depending how good the loop is, it can remove more of the heat from the box and push even more heat into the room.  :D

Okay then, will it be quiet though compared to air cooling?

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

If you want to over clock.. then yes Water cooling is worth it... but depends on the person and their build more than anything.

1 minute ago, sissj said:

Water cooling is usually louder. Get yourself a good air cooler like a Noctua NH D15 or similar from Cryorig 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 hours ago, legacy99 said:

in the long run... no its not worth it. Water cooling is more a hobby than anything. Sure you can save a couple Celsius here and there, but the price to performance for a custom loop does not justify the cost. You would be better going with an AIO solution like the EK Predator if you want water cooling at a decent price. 

A bit more than a couple of degrees here and there especially in multi block configs, but I agree, depending on what the OP is looking to cool, it can be a bit much.

3 minutes ago, sissj said:

Not really.  You still need fans for your water cooling loop.  You MIGHT be able to run more fans at a lower speed on a large radiator for more silence but then you have the pump noise to deal with.

3 hours ago, sissj said:

A large loop with a lot of slow spinning fans can be dead silent.

Pumps are now available in the PWM variety which will slow down to completely inaudible levels during moderate to low load.

It's circumstantial. Most air aftermarket coolers for GPU's & CPU's are great at keeping the components cool but some people go liquid cooling because such fans make noise. With radiators they can run at a much lower RPM and achieve the same if not better temperatures while being quieter. It also opens higher overclocking headroom & some people just like the aesthetic. So is it worth it? Yes & no. All depends on what you're after with your build. 

I have a noise question that I'd rather ask here than creating a new thread:

I currently have a stock 900d with a stock H100i and a  GTX 1080 FE.  If I change this to a water loop with 360mm + 480mm rads with quiet fans, do you think it'd be quieter than my current setup?

5 minutes ago, autominer said:

I have a noise question that I'd rather ask here than creating a new thread:

I currently have a stock 900d with a stock H100i and a  GTX 1080 FE.  If I change this to a water loop with 360mm + 480mm rads with quiet fans, do you think it'd be quieter than my current setup?

Yes.