Is the Palit Superjetstream GTX 1080 any good?

Hunter-97-G

Hello,

I've been talking with the staff at Coolmod, the store which I'll buy a 1080 from. They are suffering stock issues and they still didn't get the Gaming X MSI nor the Xtreme Gaming, which are the two I had my eyes laid on. They have offered me a special price on a Palit Superjetstream model, but I don't know anything about Palit. Is the manufacturer good, and the card reliable? Thank you.

Edit, they offer me these:

Palit GeForce GTX 1080 Super JetStream 8GB GDDR5X
Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock Premium Edition 8GB GDDR5X
Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock 8GB GDDR5X

I've been checking beenchmarks and the GameRock seems to be a frame or two faster than other AIB 1080's, which is nice.

The heatsink looks good and i think all of the manafacturers get the pcb from nvidia anyway

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Yes it is good, the Jetstream 970 and 980ti were really good, low temps and low noise, competing with MSI

1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Yes it is good, the Jetstream 970 and 980ti were really good, low temps and low noise, competing with MSI

So which model is the best one? GameRock or SuperJetstream?

2 minutes ago, Hunter-97-G said:

So which model is the best one? GameRock or SuperJetstream?

The Gamerock and the SuperJetstream are the exact same card, they differ in the colour of the cooler, and the SuperJetstream is clocked higher, at 1700 if I recall correctly

2 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

The Gamerock and the SuperJetstream are the exact same card, they differ in the colour of the cooler, and the SuperJetstream is clocked higher, at 1700 if I recall correctly

2 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

I also prefer the design of the SuperJetstream. I'll be getting that one, thank you.

49 minutes ago, Hunter-97-G said:

I also prefer the design of the SuperJetstream. I'll be getting that one, thank you.

I got the Gamerock Premium for a week now. Very good card. Super low noise (fans at around 1200rpm) at 70°C overclocked to 2025 MHz.

I can't believe they are available in Germany and people are still waiting for the STRIX.

On 21/6/2016 at 6:36 PM, Biecher said:

I got the Gamerock Premium for a week now. Very good card. Super low noise (fans at around 1200rpm) at 70°C overclocked to 2025 MHz.

I can't believe they are available in Germany and people are still waiting for the STRIX.

My Super JetStream arrived a couple of hours ago. It's a beast, it hops around 1910-1935 Mhz at stock (haven't touched anything yet), and it doesn't go beyond 70 celsius. People roll their eyes for more known brands, but I must say, Palit/Gainward is going very strong with this cards.