Need Help With Resume Submitter Thing

ShenaniganCoder

Hi, I am in need of some help for my resume submitter thing on my mock website. I need it to be spaced out like the real website, screenshots of both websites are provided.

As you can see on the real website, the resume submitter is nicely spaced whereas on my website the text boxes are way too close.

Thanks! 

Untitled75.png

just add some padding or margin via CSS

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Hi, I need help with my resume submitter, as you can see in the real website the text boxes are nicely spread out whereas on my website they're all bunched up and I don't appreciate that. 

Untitled75.png

Untitled073.png

@ShenaniganCoder I've merged your threads together and left the second OP visible since it has one more picture. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

6 minutes ago, Minibois said:

just add some padding or margin via CSS

When I add padding to the label it pushes it farther away from the text box and the label is right where I want it, when I add it to the text box it makes it bigger for some reason.

input {
margin: 7px 5px 5px 5px;
height:25px;
width:150px;
}

Assign a height and width, use margin for some space between the fields

Margin: top, right, bottom, left;

Also edit the font size if needed.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

13 hours ago, Cruorzy said:

input {
margin: 7px 5px 5px 5px;
height:25px;
width:150px;
}

Assign a height and width, use margin for some space between the fields

Margin: top, right, bottom, left;

Also edit the font size if needed.

Adjusting the margin messes up the position of the fields. I used margin-left, if there is an alternative then let me know. Also should I use those dimensions or are those just examples?

@ShenaniganCoder

These are just example's if margin's etc mess up your layout then you are not working correctly with CSS.

CSS is a pain in the ass, dont quote me on this but you should probably play around on a blank place with positioning div's.

Because most of the times people figure to use % for their width's so it scales on every resolution but i do not think this is a good idea.

You should ask a CSS pro because im noob at it, still have alot to learn.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored