My 950 ain't fitting! ;(

Go to solution Solved by Echino,
3 minutes ago, XrayCy said:

i didnt understand your problem but your gtx950 should fit it uses 16x PCie slot like the gt720 so you should have no  problem ( a pic would help)

Apologies, I just realized I had no idea what I was talking about. I saw a little nub, and though it was a piece of another PCIe lane that I didn't have and then saw your reply, and then tried to put the GPU in once more, at which point I realized it works. -_- Sorry again.

Okay, I'm sorry to bother you all, but I just purchased a GTX 950 to replace my GT 720, and for some weird-ass reason, it won't fit! I have one 16x PCIe slot, but the 950 needs an expansion slot. Will it work w/o them? Is there some way to add the expansion slots? Do I need an adapter of some sort? Linus said in the Techquickie episode on PCIe 3.0 that I could use it w/o all of the PCIe slots plugged in, but that it would limit the bandwidth, but he never said anything about expansion slots.

Thanks in advance,

yaltschuler

i didnt understand your problem but your gtx950 should fit it uses 16x PCie slot like the gt720 so you should have no  problem ( a pic would help)

CPU:Intel I5 6700k (4.7GHz)  Mobo:Asus maximus viii hero RAM:HyperX 16GB  GPU:MSI gtx1080 Gaming X
Case:Fractal Design Define S SSD:Kingston 240GB HDD:1TB & 2TB raid 0 PSU:Corsair RMX750 Cooling:H100i v2 OS:Windows 10
Display:Benq GL2440,LG 29" Keyboard:Tesoro Durandal Mouse:Deathadder Sound:2.1 GENESIS NCS-0856, PC-37X, Razer manowar

I don't get what the problem is, can you take a picture?

You mean it's too wide for your case? Ultra SFF cases can require a low profile GPU, like this one. Currently, the GTX 750 Ti is the best low-profile GPU available.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 minutes ago, XrayCy said:

Apologies, I just realized I had no idea what I was talking about. I saw a little nub, and though it was a piece of another PCIe lane that I didn't have and then saw your reply, and then tried to put the GPU in once more, at which point I realized it works. -_- Sorry again.

maybe hot it with a hammer i heard that helps

CPU:Intel I5 6700k (4.7GHz)  Mobo:Asus maximus viii hero RAM:HyperX 16GB  GPU:MSI gtx1080 Gaming X
Case:Fractal Design Define S SSD:Kingston 240GB HDD:1TB & 2TB raid 0 PSU:Corsair RMX750 Cooling:H100i v2 OS:Windows 10
Display:Benq GL2440,LG 29" Keyboard:Tesoro Durandal Mouse:Deathadder Sound:2.1 GENESIS NCS-0856, PC-37X, Razer manowar

1 minute ago, XrayCy said:

maybe hot it with a hammer i heard that helps

Lol, nah, but thanks bro. ;) 

I always lube it up when it wont fit.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

4 minutes ago, hex4 said:

I always lube it up when it wont fit.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 minute ago, yb4zombeez said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

╭☞( ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°)╭☞

\ . .\

\ . \  

/╰U╯\

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

1 hour ago, XrayCy said:

Hey, now I plugged in the 950, attempted to power on the computer, and the computer works, but the GPU isn't turning on! :( 

By that I mean the fan isn't moving or anything, and the whole thing isn't working! :o 

HEEELP!!!! D: