Youtube

DarshanDash

Hello lovely LTT members,

Im very keen on making money via the internet one way i found was through Youtube and monetizing but sadly i have no idea how to get views where to promote the videos or what tyoe of content i should do.Im mainly all about gaming at this point since i just started.I want to basically do more than youtube to cover my life expenses.i heard when Linus started he started out small but now its a known thing.Im also new here and i hope i meet many new people here :).Hope for a reply soon :D.

Thank You.

Sincerely Dash

Hey dude, All I'd say is get your content sorted first. Once you start making videos on something you genuinely love doing then the rest will fall into place.

People can tell when it's forced fun that's why big lets players are losing the audience because they're not the "same" as they used to be. YouTube is an extremely competitive place but as long as you stick with what you know and what you like you'll be fine.

In terms of finding an audience what ever you plan on making go with people that are interested in that content. At the same time there must be a reason why people go to watch your videos. Minecraft lets players are a dime a dozen so make sure you're unique. Be yourself friendo :)

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Hi there,

Thanks for replying i will start making content in an ordered form but for my audience its impossible to find views i tried sharing it over at facebook and a community but i really cant get views in "1000-10000" but all i manage is near the tenths.Like 10-90 

2 minutes ago, DarshanDash said:

Hi there,

Thanks for replying i will start making content in an ordered form but for my audience its impossible to find views i tried sharing it over at facebook and a community but i really cant get views in "1000-10000" but all i manage is near the tenths.Like 10-90 

Do you think Linus started off with hundreds of thousands of views when he first started up? 90 viewers is a good amount. Keep up the good work. Remember success is a learning curve. A comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing grows there. What's your channel called?

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

If you're going into YouTube, expecting to make the big money, you're doing it wrong.

Most, if not all, YouTubers did it first either for fun or just because they wanted to share some video clips with friends. If you don't even know what kind of content you are going to make, you nowhere close to getting 10.000 views per video. Not even 1.000. or 100.

For YouTubers it usually takes years of consistent uploads before they get any kind of success, let alone the 5 million subscribers success or whatever. 

Anyways, if you still want to do YouTube, bring some original and unique content to the platform. Upload frequently, but don't make it to the point to when people don't care about your stuff anymore.

Or you could just upload some garbage like reaction videos, drama 'news' stuff and that kinda shit and move along a bit faster in the YouTube cycle.

5 hours ago, DarshanDash said:

One question does Linus often reply here? Lik3 in this forum?

rarely.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I wouldnt say i want to do it for "money".

I like to do see people react to videos in a funny and entertaining way like if thug life basically i want to make funny things and let everyone have a happy and fun experience but i have no idea how to start it i do now since im getting some ideas.

1 hour ago, DarshanDash said:

I wouldnt say i want to do it for "money".

I like to do see people react to videos in a funny and entertaining way like if thug life basically i want to make funny things and let everyone have a happy and fun experience but i have no idea how to start it i do now since im getting some ideas.

If you have no creativity, going into a create endeavour like youtube spells disaster

You cannot "learn" to be creative, just go with your heart, get a name, make some artwork, make videos - ideally you need to be making videos on a regular basis, with consistent quality and content

Im at about 30k views and only made about 10 videos, so people will take notice if you make good videos

I dont meant to be offensive, but your channel in general looks pretty terrible

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

44 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

If you have no creativity, going into a create endeavour like youtube spells disaster

You cannot "learn" to be creative, just go with your heart, get a name, make some artwork, make videos - ideally you need to be making videos on a regular basis, with consistent quality and content

Im at about 30k views and only made about 10 videos, so people will take notice if you make good videos

I dont meant to be offensive, but your channel in general looks pretty terrible

Well i take your advise i really do can you tell me what i can do to improve? Cause i started literally like about a week ago.

2 minutes ago, DarshanDash said:

Well i take your advise i really do can you tell me what i can do to improve? Cause i started literally like about a week ago.

Start making stuff, worry about the rest later

you need to decide what your channel is aiming for and work towards it - but start by making videos, get more comfortable editing, talking etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

53 minutes ago, DarshanDash said:

Become a Texan Cowboy.

p1T8YuM.png

(ty google images and some random imgur person)

I woke up at 10:30am yesterday. It's 5:24am the next day, I think I might need to go to bed soon...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization