CPU acting weird while stressing in CPU-Z

Hello! I have been recently overclocking my CPU(i5 6600k) and have been stressing it for stability in CPU-Z. I stressed it before I overclocked to get a high temperature so that I could compare the temps once I overclocked. The first few seconds of the stress were great, the CPU provided a steady score, but then around the 30 second mark, the score started fluctuating from the regular score to a score that was much lower and back higher and then lower again. I though this was thermal throttling but I checked Msi afterburner and task manager and saw that there was no throttling, and that the max temp was 36 degrees C. I wound up overclocking it to 4.5 GHz and it did the same thing, only getting higher overall scores, but still fluctuating lower and higher, CPU was at max usage in TM and the highest temp was 54C. Another thing was that my temps were also fluctuating from 36 to 54 along with the score. When I overclocked, my score was at something around 8800 and sometimes it would fluctuate to 7000 and sometimes it would go below 4000. I just want to know if that is normal with Skylake, or if CPU-Z is flawed on my system. If CPU-Z is flawed then what are some good CPU stressing options other than Aida 64(it costs money) or Prime 95(I heard from Paul's hardware that it can push your hardware to far.) Thanks!:D  

1. Avoid using task manager. It doesn't read stuff properly.
  2. CPU-Z has a stress test?? Wow, I didn't know that... I bet it's not very good, otherwise people would recommend it more.
  3. Prime95 is the go-to OCing program. You can test pretty much any OC outside of the GPU, if you use the right settings. No problem in using it whatsoever. In fact, I basically have it running 24/7 on my PC (and I know a few others that do as well).
  4. A few Enter strokes every 2~3 lines can make things MUCH easier for us to read. You are already miles better than most people that don't use punctuation, capital letters or proper phrasing. Now all that's left is hitting that enter key once in a while.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I suggest changing to Prime 95 and then try again... If this doesn't work post a reply in this post.

Prime 95, grab the hardware monitor program made by the cpuz team run prime for 12 hrs using the blend mode where it tests a bit of everything.

If you wake up and system is turned off, or threads were halted review your overclock as it's not 24/7 stable. If you dont care just run whatever the latest system benchmark program is 'not fur mark' if it runs 3x no issue then it's game play stable and if that's good enough have a nice day. 

Thanks for the help! I swapped to Prime 95 and my CPU heated up much more hotter, proving that the stress test was much more intense and would yield more accurate results when overclocking. Thanks!:D