S7 edge or OnePlus 3

What's up guys,

I'm coming from an s6 edge whose screen is cracked, it's $240 to fix it.  I was wondering if the extra $230for the galaxy s7 edge is worth it. So would I notice a big change if I went with the oneplus 3 or stick to Samsung?

Probably not so it would be 510 dollars for the s7? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Just now, werto165 said:

Probably not so it would be 510 dollars for the s7? 

The one plus three with all the accessories comes up to $450 and I can pick up a galaxy s7 edge for $689 off of amazon. Messed up math somewhere...

9 minutes ago, Sebastian Kurpiel said:

What's up guys,

I'm coming from an s6 edge whose screen is cracked, it's $240 to fix it.  I was wondering if the extra $230for the galaxy s7 edge is worth it. So would I notice a big change if I went with the oneplus 3 or stick to Samsung?

If you live in the US, an one plus 3 would be the option to go for

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

honestly i do like the galaxy s7 and its water resistant properties plus that curved screen, but the oneplus three is WAY better for the money.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, I am an SSD said:

If you live in the US, an one plus 3 would be the option to go for

I was thinking about ordering this later in summer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CJU9V62/ref=twister_B01D2JWZVC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 when the price drops a tad more.

Just now, IskanderEXC said:

One Plus 3 all the way

any reason? I had a samsung for a while so I'm not sure.

Just now, terrytek said:

honestly i do like the galaxy s7 and its water resistant properties plus that curved screen, but the oneplus three is WAY better for the money.

Isn't the processor the same?

2 minutes ago, Sebastian Kurpiel said:

any reason? I had a samsung for a while so I'm not sure.

17 minutes ago, IskanderEXC said:

Not signed in

Not signed in

I watched it but I'm still iffy, the edge screen is something that I have gotten used to on the s6 edge.

I'm going with the one plus three thanks for the help guys.

2 hours ago, Sebastian Kurpiel said:

What's up guys,

I had a Galaxy s6 edge and a Galaxy s6 for a year. I hated them compared to my s4. The s7 edge is the best smartphone ive ever owned. The waterproof feature actually comes in handy for me, and the battery life is much much better. The display is very nice, and the camera is okay.

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

Which Country are you from?

If its not USA, i personally would take the S7 Edge over teh Oneplus 3, tbh.

The Exynos is VASTLY superior to the Snapdragon 820. Performance wise its similar overall, but when it comes to power consmption, the Snapdragon draws MUCH more.

The S7 Edge with Exynos SoC lasts 20-35% longer than the S7 Edge with Snapdragon SoC (everything else is the same).

I get constantly 5,5 hours minimum, up to 7-8 hours on very good charges Screen-on-time per 100% charge.

First reviewers on the Oneplus 3 got 3-4 hours.

Plus, OxygenOS seems kinda shitty to me.. Many people complain about some bugs/etc. Also, Ram Management is worse than S7 Edge, despite having 6gb ram Instead 4gb.

Just speaking about hardware.. Oneplus 3 is a beast for that Price. Just battery Life seems average at best. But Display is fine, built quality, camera, etc.

Huge bummer is the crappy software...

So yes, i would say.. s7 Edge is THE better Phone overall. it costs more, but it has less disadvantages. It has a micro SD Slot, better Battery Life, sharper/better Display, slightly (!) Better Camera, IP68.

Touchwiz is... well, either you hate it, or like it. But compared to OxygenOS, at least everything works ;)

I enjoy Touchwiz, since it's gotten MUCH better over the years.

I honestly do Not regret getting a S7 Edge on Release day, and not waiting on Oneplus 3. I wouldn't even trade mine against one, if i had the chance.

I have the Galaxy S7 Edge and I really do like it, it's a good quality phone and I am impressed with it's water resistance.  The OnePlus 3 is probably better for your bank account but I think the S7 Edge is a really great phone too.

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

On June 16, 2016 at 8:48 AM, Sebastian Kurpiel said:

What's up guys,

If you are one a budget you should get a one plus 3, if not you can buy the s7.

I think the one plus three is more powerful because it has 6gb ram whereas s7 4gb ram

actually, ram management on the S7 is better than on the Oneplus 3.

Oneplus did that, "to save battery", but idk if that works. There are Fixes (where you need Root), where you can improve the Ram management.

Without Root: S7 > OP3 in pure Ram management