Surface Pro 3 runnning Overwatch ... WHAT ?

Today i decided to try run Overwatch on my old surface pro 3.

I managed to get it to run on my SP3 i5 with 4gb ram at 30 to 50 fps on all low settings.

Not bad for a tablet essentially to be running this game with no dedicated graphics. the game was very playable ... not very pretty but quite smooth. I think Blizzard will optimize the game a bit more as time goes by but so far so good.

The fps almost never dipped below 30 in my 1 hour or so of gaming.  I only ever saw it dip below 30 in game once or twice in massive team fights with huge explosions and even then was still fine ... 27-29ish fps for a couple seconds.  Good job Microsoft on this amazing tablet/pc thing!

1 minute ago, Jonnyswboy said:

I'm curious about more competitive games like CS:GO or League.

League and CS:GO run even better , On league o get 80 or so fps and like 60 plus on CSGO

26 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Overwatch isn't that demanding. Hell, in most cases it runs better and more consistent than TF2 on similar hardware. Wouldn't surprise me if my laptop could manage 30FPS on Overwatch.

Overwatch is much much more demanding than TF2 as it is not very optimized. TF2 runs smoothly at medium graphics while i get like over 100fps on low. Overwatch is actually quite a heavy gpu game. In fact its one of the few games the GTX 1080 cannot run smoothly when maxed out at 4k.

Blizzard needs to do some serious optimization for this game and as it is currently its quite hard to run.