Mic just for skyping while gaming.

Insirion

I have seen alot of question's I am aboat to ask but still did not find a good answer.

My steelseries siberia broke and I decided that now is the time to switch from a headset to headphones and a Mic.

I found the V-moda boompro wich would be the best solution for me but they dont fit in the Sennheiser HD 598 :(

I dont like spending to much on a mic since I only use it for skype while I am gaming. I just need people too hear me loud and clear it doesnt have to be super crisp.

Now I am looking at a really simple Trust mic because I just want the mic sitting on my desk 20inch/ 50cm away from me.

Should i go from the trust mic or is a Blue Snowball worth the money?

And can it sit on my desk for a far distance?

5 minutes ago, Insirion said:

SNIP

get a Modmic, you can hear what it sounds like in my video - all audio was recorded unprocessed directly off the modmic

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I would definitely recommend and endorse investing in a Blue Snowball or something similar. The mic quality is fantastic, and they can be had for as little as $30 now. The tri-pod it comes with is also a nice touch, and the multiple audio patterns really helps to configure it best to fit your setup. 

If you don't wish to spend $30-50, then I'd recommend you get something like the Zalman Zm-Mic from Amazon. It's an $8 clip-on microphone that sounds fantastic for the price, but the only caveat is that it's a low-sensitivity mic, so you have to boost the gain on it really high, resulting in a lot of background noise. 

11 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

get a Modmic, you can hear what it sounds like in my video - all audio was recorded unprocessed directly off the modmic

I agree, rocking one myself with my HD650's, one of my best purchases.

4 minutes ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

I agree, rocking one myself with my HD650's, one of my best purchases.

Yeah its super neat, i love mine

sadly I dont use it much, but its great to pair with my travel overear headphones so I can use it with my laptop 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

5 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Thanks for your reaction. I dislike the extra cable that's why I want a desktop mic.

5 hours ago, NonaHexa said:

I would definitely recommend and endorse investing in a Blue Snowball or something similar. The mic quality is fantastic, and they can be had for as little as $30 now. The tri-pod it comes with is also a nice touch, and the multiple audio patterns really helps to configure it best to fit your setup. 

If you don't wish to spend $30-50, then I'd recommend you get something like the Zalman Zm-Mic from Amazon. It's an $8 clip-on microphone that sounds fantastic for the price, but the only caveat is that it's a low-sensitivity mic, so you have to boost the gain on it really high, resulting in a lot of background noise. 

I am going too watch some more videos of the snowball mic than. I need to know the distance the mic picks up my voice loud and clear.

The same goes with the zalman mic and the modmic and any other clip on mic like the sony one. I dont like the extra cable that is on them.

1 hour ago, Insirion said:

I am going too watch some more videos of the snowball mic than. I need to know the distance the mic picks up my voice loud and clear.

The same goes with the zalman mic and the modmic and any other clip on mic like the sony one. I dont like the extra cable that is on them.

the cable clips to your existing cable, so its just the same as one cable

the snowball is ok but be prepared to annoy people with background noise, typing and clicking noises