Looking for a PCI Bluetooth card

raine

I've been looking for a PCI card that has bluetooth without wi-fi (as I already have a PCI wi-fi card). I plan to use a bluetooth headset and occasionally I might use my PS3 controller for emulated/Steam titles.

I'm looking for one without wi-fi to try and avoid any issues that might arise. I had considered a USB bluetooth reciever, but with only 1 available USB port, I would prefer to not have to remove it whenever I go to copy files to/from my portable HDD. I have PCI and x1PCI-e slots if that helps at all with narrowing down available Bluetooth PCI cards (as I have had issues locating any, if they even exist anymore).

AMD FX-6300 3.5 Ghz | Arctic Freezer A11 CPU Cooler | (4x4GB) 16 GB Hyper X Fury DDR3 1866 Mhz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 | Rosewill Glacier 500W PSU | 120 GB Kingston SSD (Windows 7 Boot/Application Drive) | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD (Windows 10 Boot/Application Drive) | 1 TB Western Digital Blue (Storage Drive) | Bitfenix Neos | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit & Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

6 minutes ago, raine said:

I've been looking for a PCI card that has bluetooth without wi-fi (as I already have a PCI wi-fi card). I plan to use a bluetooth headset and occasionally I might use my PS3 controller for emulated/Steam titles.

I'm looking for one without wi-fi to try and avoid any issues that might arise. I had considered a USB bluetooth reciever, but with only 1 available USB port, I would prefer to not have to remove it whenever I go to copy files to/from my portable HDD. I have PCI and x1PCI-e slots if that helps at all with narrowing down available Bluetooth PCI cards (as I have had issues locating any, if they even exist anymore).

would you mind replacing your existing wifi card with a wifi/Bluetooth card? I literally can't find one without wifi

You'll have a hard time finding a true PCI (not PCIe) card of any description anymore these days.  Plus, every wifi card I've heard of bundles wifi and bluetooth.  It might be better to just get a 1x PCIe wifi/bluetooth card.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

how do you have only one open USB port?

sounds like you seriously need a USB hub :P