Loud case fans?

Evann

Hi,

so i built my PC yesterday - and in my opinion the Case Fans are way to loud.. i have the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX with  PH-F140SP FANS...

I set them in BIOS to run at 10% (via PWM hub) ... but i still think theyre way to loud, is that normal?

1 minute ago, Evann said:

Hi,

so i built my PC yesterday - and in my opinion the Case Fans are way to loud.. i have the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX with  PH-F140SP FANS...

I set them in BIOS to run at 10% (via PWM hub) ... but i still think theyre way to loud, is that normal?

How are your temps?

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

1 minute ago, Julian5 said:

How are your temps?

i haven't checked GPU.. but my CPU is around 20-30°C in idle up to 45°C under full usage - i5 6600 cooled with CoolerMaster Nepton 240m

check your gpu then

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

check your gpu then

around 56°C when watching youtube.. but the GPU Fans are turned off.. (this "under 63 °C or smthg we won't turn on thing")

In bios put your fans to minimum and on your PWM

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

In bios put your fans to minimum and on your PWM

what do you mean with minimum... 1%? :D

2 minutes ago, Evann said:

what do you mean with minimum... 1%? :D

I guess, try that xD

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

modern fans can take a "complete stop" just fine, just put your finger on the individual fans to *GENTLY* slow them down to a stop, that'll single it out to a single one, all, or none at all.

you mentioned an AiO watercooler, are you sure its not the pump you are hearing?

19 minutes ago, manikyath said:

modern fans can take a "complete stop" just fine, just put your finger on the individual fans to *GENTLY* slow them down to a stop, that'll single it out to a single one, all, or none at all.

you mentioned an AiO watercooler, are you sure its not the pump you are hearing?

yea.. that could also be... but its really weird... (its my first AiO).. it makes a crackling sound.. now i plugged the pump out.. and i can still hear it.. way quieter but its still there...

Listen to that..

IMG_3094.MOV

If I remember correctly, the stock case fans aren't pwm and you should control them with dc.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

for all the people that may have that problem in the future, or if you care. That weird Crackling sound was comming from my Mainboard, i had to disable all Intel C-States.. now its gone :)