Wd drives

xdeathshot20

So I just did a build with a Samsung 850 pro as a boot drive and a wd black 1tb as a mass storage.  The computer senses it's plugged in but when I go to file Explorer to moverify some files around its not there.  Only the ssd pops up.  The bios says that there are both drives plugged in and all the software says it's plugged in any ideas?

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

On 12.06.2016 г. at 6:54 AM, xdeathshot20 said:

~snip~

Hi there :)

If you have a new drive it needs to be Initialized and then partitioned and formatted in the Disk Management :)

If you doubt your drive's health I would recommend testing it with WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic. If the drive passes both the quick and the extended tests it should be safe to use.

Post back if you need any other help :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/