Best LGA2011 CPU Cooler?

Hey guys,

So I'm in the process of planning a new computer with used Xeon 2670's. For those CPUs I need LGA 2011 Coolers.

Right now I'm looking at the CM Hyper 212 Evo, but I'm really low on money and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a cheaper air cooler.

I live in Canada BTW, where the prices of everything is super inflated.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

11 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Hey guys,

So I'm in the process of planning a new computer with used Xeon 2670's. For those CPUs I need LGA 2011 Coolers.

Right now I'm looking at the CM Hyper 212 Evo, but I'm really low on money and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a cheaper air cooler.

I live in Canada BTW, where the prices of everything is super inflated.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Really depends on how much your going to be heating those CPUs. If your overclocking them 24/7 putting huge workloads on them and running very intense games, you will want a much better one. However if your not, you wont really need too good of one, but either way a cooling unit is still important because god knows you dont want your CPU to melt into your motherboard.

2 minutes ago, TheCatShuriken said:

Really depends on how much your going to be heating those CPUs. If your overclocking them 24/7 putting huge workloads on them and running very intense games, you will want a much better one. However if your not, you wont really need too good of one, but either way a cooling unit is still important because god knows you dont want your CPU to melt into your motherboard.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was thinking of a mild overclock with it running maybe 12 hrs a day. 

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

14 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Any specifics on the tasks you have in mind? Big difference between minecraft and Assasins creed (Actually minecraft puts more strain on the CPU but you get my point lol).

23 hours ago, IskanderEXC said:

Thanks! :D 

Maybe I'll get that. Costs $10 less per pop!

Spoiler

On 6/11/2016 at 6:30 PM, bob51zhang said:

the e5 2670 xeon cant overclock. so id say 2 hyper 212 evos is good enough 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

I am building dual e5-2670 PC. I buy two cheap CPU coolers today. I think that this will be enough with good case fans. Coolers in server are small but there is strong airflow through server case. Dual cpu motherboards needs airflow also.