Sketchy guy

Hey guys,so today I was waiting at the train station with a friend and some random guy came to us and asked me to log in his facebook account from my phone so he could send a message.(I wasn't afraid of him grabbing my phone and running away because I could easily chase him down).He told me "his" phone number and his password so I could log in.We checked if his friend was online,he wasn't so he said thank you,told me to log out the account and left.All that seemed pretty sketchy to me though.Is there any way he could do something with that? I mean like getting information about my facebook account or my phone .

doubtful it was anything malicious as long as you were in possession of the phone the whole time.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, mcfly said:

I think it's sketchier that this is your first post on this website.

I was sure somebody would talk about this :D , I did have an account with more than 100 posts but I haven't logged in Linustechtips for a really long time and i can't seem to find out my old account's password or recover it, so I made a new account just for this post.

4 minutes ago, Andrikos97 said:

I was sure somebody would talk about this :D , I did have an account with more than 100 posts but I haven't logged in Linustechtips for a really long time and i can't seem to find out my old account's password or recover it, so I made a new account just for this post.

email a admin to help, you can't have two accounts

weird stuff, but the world is full of weird people with even weirder habits. I doubt he meant any harm.

6 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

will obviously he can, he just did :^)

but ye.. it's not allowed

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Hmm, alright I'll do that.Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Minibois said:

weird stuff, but the world is full of weird people with even weirder habits. I doubt he meant any harm.

will obviously he can, he just did :^)

but ye.. it's not allowed

kek

28 minutes ago, Andrikos97 said:

Hey guys,so today I was waiting at the train station with a friend and some random guy came to us and asked me to log in his facebook account from my phone so he could send a message.(I wasn't afraid of him grabbing my phone and running away because I could easily chase him down).He told me "his" phone number and his password so I could log in.We checked if his friend was online,he wasn't so he said thank you,told me to log out the account and left.All that seemed pretty sketchy to me though.Is there any way he could do something with that? I mean like getting information about my facebook account or my phone .

Don't know why you would do that but.. ye..

When you logged into Facebook, could you see the SSL certificate from the site? The green "https"? If you could not see that, then you were in a fake Facebook website and something most likely happened. Did it seem like his account was new or old? Did he have a lot of friends? All these things that I listed could possibly help determine if something did, or did not happen. 

So if there was no SSL certificate, then he did something. 

If he only had one friend or 2, then something most likely happened. But if he was a loner, and only had like 2 friends, I highly doubt anything happened. All that really matters is that you were on the correct Facebook website. If you were, then nothing I can think of can be trap. 

15 minutes ago, Telebubbies said:

When you logged into Facebook, could you see the SSL certificate from the site? The green "https"? If you could not see that, then you were in a fake Facebook website and something most likely happened. Did it seem like his account was new or old? Did he have a lot of friends? All these things that I listed could possibly help determine if something did, or did not happen. 

If he only had one friend or 2, then something most likely happened. But if he was a loner, and only had like 2 friends, I highly doubt anything happened. All that really matters is that you were on the correct Facebook website. If you were, then nothing I can think of can be trap. 

He opened facebook himself.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Isn't there a "remember this device"  feature? He could check what was the last log in device but can't quite get anything out of it by my understanding. 

Sounds like he could be troubled. He's going through some rough times and has very little. He could be having a nervous breakdown. 

To add to the weirdness, at the train there is an open tampon on the ground, lol. 

9 hours ago, Telebubbies said:

I opened facebook myself through the facebook app on android.I had the phone in my hands the whole time.It was just him who came up to us.

He was a reaction tester. He wanted to see if youd attack him, run or lend him the phone and hed flee. That, or he was expecting free cookies!

Groomlake Authority

7 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

He was a reaction tester. He wanted to see if youd attack him, run or lend him the phone and hed flee. That, or he was expecting free cookies!

It was a social experiment. Lol 

19 hours ago, Andrikos97 said:

The only thing he might have record of is your IP address...which on mobile internet probably changes every time you reconnect.

I can't see there being any problem here.

Almost as cool as my temps  

Alright.So I guess he was either trying to steal my phone or I'm just being too superstitious and that guy was actually trying to contact his friend through facebook.