Getting a job in IT. Need help

Hey, everybody. I'm going to be interviewed for an IT job for a local hospital soon and....I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH MONEY I SHOULD ASK FOR! This is my first REAL job in the industry and I have literally no idea how much people get paid for that sort of a job. It's a pretty big hospital and, I mean, it's a hospital. I don't have a degree. I'm still a student majoring in Computer Information Systems. I have an A+ and a Security+ and am Cisco certified. I also plan on being Microsoft certified very soon. So how much should I ask for? What's a reasonable range?

Thanks,

- The Koolest Kid in Skool boiiiiii

What position exactly are you going in to be interviewed for? Just saying IT kinda leaves... a lot to be assumed.

Also, what country/state are you working in? Can also change a lot depending on those, not to mention what kinds of benefits you might be getting, and the like. Salaries are very often not the same, its all very situational; however... As a general rule of thumb, you don't see many entry level it positions pass up more than 35-45k yearly- or at least here on the west coast that is.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, Atmos said:

What position exactly are you going in to be interviewed for? Just saying IT kinda leaves... a lot to be assumed.

Also, what country/state are you working in? Can also change a lot depending on those, not to mention what kinds of benefits you might be getting, and the like. Salaries are very often not the same, its all very situational; however... As a general rule of thumb, you don't see many entry level it positions pass up more than 35-45k yearly- or at least here on the west coast that is.

Well I won't exactly be getting a title. It's just general IT basically because they're understaffed so I have to cover a lot of different aspects. That's what she told me anyway. Mainly overseeing networks under the "big boss (wo)man" and if new hardware comes in (server hardware, new desktops, install software, etc.) I install those.

I live in Southern California. Inland Empire area.

49 minutes ago, say_wat_now said:

Well I won't exactly be getting a title. It's just general IT basically because they're understaffed so I have to cover a lot of different aspects. That's what she told me anyway. Mainly overseeing networks under the "big boss (wo)man" and if new hardware comes in (server hardware, new desktops, install software, etc.) I install those.

I live in Southern California. Inland Empire area.

thats a tough bit of job then. Usually stuff like that is around 35 to low 40s in our area anually, but thats counting a degree in information systems or equivalent field. Since your still a student and dont have that all 'important' degree, you might get shafted on salary. Dont sell yourself short though, just project confidence and test the waters on what they are offering (most of the time there will be a ballpark number) And it will probably change, so dont stress being totally accurate at first. These kinds of things are situational as hell; 

Best of luck with the interview man. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Go a little high and maybe they will try to bring you down to what is acceptable for them. Go too low and they get a cheaper worker. 

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G