1.9TB?

garren078
10 minutes ago, garren078 said:

Capture.PNG

Capture34.PNG

See I told you.  You actually have a 3 TB disk.  And it has been partitioned into a 2 TB drive.

Kids keep in mind that disk =/= drive.  The Drive is what Windows can access, the disk is the physical component in the computer.

Expand the partition to use up the available space.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

2 minutes ago, garren078 said:

Im lost now

I'll admit that dialog is completely unclear and I have no idea what it is trying to say, so just click "Next" for now.  It will give you some more feedback before starting any process.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'll admit that dialog is completely unclear and I have no idea what it is trying to say, so just click "Next" for now.  It will give you some more feedback before starting any process.

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, garren078 said:

*snip*

Ah, so I was correct about the 2 TB limit problem.  You'll have to convert that disk from MBR to GPT.  Afaik this will require a complete format and reinstall, so if anyone else has any other ideas, suggest them now :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Ah, so I was correct about the 2 TB limit problem.  You'll have to convert that disk from MBR to GPT.  Afaik this will require a complete format and reinstall, so if anyone else has any other ideas, suggest them now :)

also i should mention that I have reinstalled my OS before and when I tried to delete the partition the unollocated one was there and i couldn't delete it.

18 minutes ago, garren078 said:

also i should mention that I have reinstalled my OS before and when I tried to delete the partition the unollocated one was there and i couldn't delete it.

You can't delete unallocated space; by definition it's the absence of a partition, so there's nothing to delete.  You have to delete the other one, and then when you make a new partition, make sure it fills the entire drive, leaving no unallocated space (or as little as possible.  A few megabytes is not unusual for technical reasons)

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You can't delete unallocated space; by definition it's the absence of a partition, so there's nothing to delete.  You have to delete the other one, and then when you make a new partition, make sure it fills the entire drive, leaving no unallocated space (or as little as possible.  A few megabytes is not unusual for technical reasons)

you could always just make another partition and have to drive letters show up in windows. 

The HDD was formatted in the old format which only allows for 2tb

To change this you would have to delete everything including the OS from it.

What you can do now is make a new paritition

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I fixed it guys thank you all for the help.

Capture.PNG