Almost 400 ping when it is raining!?!?!?!?!

Thunder_Ruler0

Ok, so it started raining in my area just 20 minutes ago, and the internet was fine just before that. But now when it rains, i get almost 400ping and hardly any speed!>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

This make literally NO SENSE! I dont use dish, and there is technically fiber optic cables in my association so i don't what could be the problem Only when it rains does this happen.

My internet speed is supposed to be 30Mbps not 9, and nobody else is using it, so there should be no excuse....... 

What might be the cause and how can I fix it?

Capture.PNG

Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ ThinkPad T430

I assume you're hardwired from outside the home to begin with and not a wisp or something (does your company use wireless backhauls maybe?) 

There could be a problem with the buried lines somewhere, an exposed connection would be my thoughts, do you have neighbors with similar problems?

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

7 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

I assume you're hardwired from outside the home to begin with and not a wisp or something (does your company use wireless backhauls maybe?) 

There could be a problem with the buried lines somewhere, an exposed connection would be my thoughts, do you have neighbors with similar problems?

My neighbors don't use the internet like i do, I wouldn't be able to tell you if they did or not. yes my house is hard wired, and my computer is connected straight to the router. Also im not sure about the blackhuals and I could check. 

Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ ThinkPad T430

Do you have cable or adsl. this can help find the issue. Adsl has a flaw if the copper itself gets wet, good bye internet when it rains (Just letting you know I have the same issue as well.)

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

If you have DSL, it is wet cable. This happens all to often and would be the most likely culprit.