Your reasons as to why windows 8 sucks so bad.

joelthezombie15

Leave your reasons i want a good laugh

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Slower Internet

Metro UI is not needed and it's design is pretty bad.

No StartMenu

The same, and it offers nothing i cant find in Windows 7 already...

The only reason, half the provided apps require a Microsoft account (Of note I boycotted MS accounts about a year ago when i got sick of them messing me around, hell my first one disappeared into thin air). Everything else I am happy with, The start screen is actually really nice to use if you bother trying it out.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

I like, love really, Windows 8 after getting Start 8.

Slower Internet

Your hardware problems due to sucky parts and drivers, aren't Microsoft fault. Please keep those apart.

In other notes, for me, its hard to shutdown, restart, sleep quickly by default.

There are no "All" filter when searching.

Nothing show stopper for me, so I really like Windows 8

Slower Internet

Your hardware problems due to sucky parts and drivers, aren't Microsoft fault. Please keep those apart.

In other notes, for me, its hard to shutdown, restart, sleep quickly by default.

There are no "All" filter when searching.

Nothing show stopper for me, so I really like Windows 8

windows button + I beings up the settings part of the charms menu where the power button lies

the default search is stupid, It also doesnt find stuff properly compared to the explorer search.

I think windows tab should have everything in it like alt tab does.

For desktop versions I think desktop should be the front end with the metro and apps instead of the other way around.

I also feel there should be a gamers version where nothing but the essentials come with it so people can play games with the least amount of bloat but I've always thought that of windows and its never happened(no the Xbox is not it)

I am aware of Win+I keyboard shortcut. That's what I have been using since day 1. Thanks though.

For desktop versions I think desktop should be the front end with the metro and apps instead of the other way around.

You can't have that. You cannot have a different experience on every device. It defeats the purpose of having 1 consistent OS. And the desktop is the front end on a desktop PC already. You have the same desktop as in Win7. Just the Start Menu is larger.

I also feel there should be a gamers version where nothing but the essentials come with it so people can play games with the least amount of bloat but I've always thought that of windows and its never happened(no the Xbox is not it)

It's already like this. You start your computer, and you have have all your games installed in your face. Click and the game starts. No need to open Start menu, go to Steam to run it (or what ever service you use), in Steam go to your library, select your game, click on run or double-click.... some games Steam will show you a menu, on if you want to play teh game or show the setting panel instead.... and NOW you can play the game. Plus your games are all over the place. Some are in teh Game folder, some are in Steam, some are in Origin, or wtv. Or you have your desktop and/or task bar filled with games shortcuts, creating a mess for nothing.

Start Menu wins. Also you can find programs, under WIn8, which allows you to make custom game tiles, so that you have a game picture, kinda like Steam large icon view.

What would have been nice, is if Microsoft finish their push of gaming on PC which got dropped mid way in Vista, and we ended up with: A useless Game folder, Saved folder that no developer uses (despite being stupid to use, I checked. an API call give you the path to it. Simple), and half ass, broken Games for Windows Live.

For those you don't remember, the full idea was that the Game folder has all your games, inform you about updates and patches. by having like a mini icon on the game picture, you can update the game from Windows, you have game stats on the side column, Games for Windows Live would actually be working fine, Games would use your Save Games folder and not dump all their crap and saves in your Documents folder creating a mess you can't clean, and the ability to, like console, insert a game disc (assuming the game support this), and Windows would load sandbox environment for security, and play your games without installing them, on your PC, exactly like a game console game. And of course, for maximum performance and load time, like console games, you can install the game on your system.

Well at least we got the XBox 360 controller support... if that means anything to you.

Slower Internet

Metro UI is not needed and it's design is pretty bad.

No StartMenu

- Citation needed

- Metro UI is pretty good in a DESIGN sense but is also quite functional if you know how to use it

- There is a start menu. It's what comes up when you hit the windows button. Also Start 8 or similar

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Because everyone is still scared of Vista, or scared of what happened when they switched blindly to it. So the masses are waiting for the dumb SP1 release to even install it I feel. Not that I think it needs an SP1 to put the stamp of stability on it just that the masses now see that as the stamp of stability for a Windows OS. As usual the OS is probably fine but do feel there needed to be more testing on the current apps to fully qualify it as stable, current apps as in apps stable on Windows XP and 7, yes people are still using XP legacy apps. I know its not feasible to test them all (apps) but that is what I will have to do eventually :( before installing Windows 8 on a user's computer.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

i have windows 8 pro on my asus lap top its ok but i still like my windows 7 ultimate better

For me, it's just the Modern/Metro UI. Start8 takes care of avoiding that completely and by giving me the start menu back.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X, RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 3600MHz, MOBO: ASRock X570M, GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2070 SUPER (Corsair H100x cooling), SSD 1: Corsair Force MP510 240GB, SSD 2: Patriot VPN100 1TB, OS: Windows 10 Professional x64, CASE: Open air test bench

I have been using Windows 8 for almost 5 months full time and I have not looked back. I use a single laptop for all my work and play and Windows 8 is more optimized for on the go kind of work. Sleeping and waking up is more solid, boot up times on an SSD are almost nonexistent! I installed Start 8 because it looks the cleanest, in my opinion, and now Windows 8 is perfect. Windows 7 and 8 are becoming more of a flame war like Mac OSX and Windows.. If you don't want Windows 8, or don't need it, then don't buy it and keep using Windows 7. Windows 7 is perfectly fine and will be for many years to come.

oh yeah to keep on topic, windows 8 sucks, I don't want to spend 50 bucks on a new OS. I use it to play all my games but my games LAGGGGGGGGGG what the heck. why Do I have a UI that is made for touch when I don't have a touchscreen?!!? hate this BS! windows needs to be more like macccccc! I want iOS on my pc so I can play crysis because iOS is faster and better than windows 8..

The search sucks, i usually only search for settings but now i have to search and then choose to search through settings.

The search sucks' date=' i usually only search for settings but now i have to search and then choose to search through settings.[/quote']

Win+W searches for settings

Lack of start menu and the new UI. Only time I like it is on touch screen devices' date=' which it is really meant for anyways. [/quote']

The Start menu is there, and act and works the same way. It's just full screen.

Lack of start menu and the new UI. Only time I like it is on touch screen devices' date=' which it is really meant for anyways. [/quote'] The Start menu is there, and act and works the same way. It's just full screen.

True there is still a "Start screen" but somehow I still prefer the menu, maybe just me :)

Lack of start menu and the new UI. Only time I like it is on touch screen devices' date=' which it is really meant for anyways. [/quote'] The Start menu is there, and act and works the same way. It's just full screen.
True there is still a "Start screen" but somehow I still prefer the menu, maybe just me :)

I think you just don't know how to use the Start Screen. You should look into it. You can make groups, pin folders, pin your program, and games for fast access. and organize things form the most used to the least use.

Here is mine (old picture, same as now, just a lot more games and programs): http://www.helpweaver.com/dss.png

I hated it at the start, but if you actually take the time to learn the system its actually really amazing in my opinion. I know a lot of people don't like having to change for something, but if you really invest in the system it's well worth it.

My SOLE issue, is I can't install ARMA2 : BAF and PMC on it due to a Runtime error :(

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I don't hate it because I've never tried it, and I've never tried it because Windows 7 does everything I want just fine as it is. I'll probably try it sometime soon, I don't have any reason not to or anything against it in particular, I've just never tried it.

Why windows 8 is really nice. Start screen is pretty cool. I can organize the tiles how ever I want, and put anything I want as a tile. Very easy navigation. I don't have to open folders to get to programs or type it in because it's right there. I can get some cool modern style apps from the store that really do help/improve my experience of using my pc. Works really well with mouse but some apps would work better with a touch screen. I personally think a few things could be don't to improve the system further. I kinda wanted a different way to navigate faster and easier to get to apps then the start menu. The one in windows 7 is much better then it ever was in windows but I prefer the start screen.

ANYONE who is arguing about the lack of the start menu in windows 8 doesn't know that you can DOWNLOAD A START MENU. Start8 to me seems to be the best one.

On topic: because it's not OSX.

I have my personal reasons as to why I still prefer Windows 7 to 8, in all seriousness. And no, they're actually not related to the start screen/menu issue.

thinks i hate:

1. UI is better suited for touch screens/tablets even when most use desktops or laptops...

2. search functionality isn't as good as windows explorer for win 7

3. general bugs with it

4 to many hot keys, can't just do it from the main desktop

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

Things I hate about Windows 8:

- Metro UI and general navigation/UI features, including default search

- Some appearance/personalisation hiccups i.e. font colour on darker themes

- Generally more bugs than windows 7 (although I presume MS is working on them)

- Some features that have been taken away/limited e.g. you cannot fully disable UAC

- Originally designed in a way which requires switching between two very different interfaces constantly

Things I like about Windows 8:

- Generally faster performance and boot speed

- Able to access Windows 8 applications

- Some other small things like file transfer window

With the help of some 3rd party programs like Start8 and custom themes, I am able to near-replicate a Windows 7 experience with some added perks but also along with some frustrations. Ultimately I believe these frustrations will lessen over time, especially as Windows 8 continues to be updated. However, I believe that, due to the amount of bugs and problems people have been having, Windows 8 does not deserve to be 'full retail' but rather something more like a late-beta at this moment.