Your reasons as to why windows 8 sucks so bad.

joelthezombie15

Simply the UI is a cross of two worlds that doesn't blend well for dedicated desktop use. If they gave you an OPTION to use metro ui or not would have been better.

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

I feel like the previous start button was better for me, because I use the keyboard a lot. To open chrome, being my most used application, I would just hit the start button on my keyboard, hit down on the arrow keys to take me to the top, and hit enter. Win 8 doesn't have that same fluidity with neat organization, it just looks nice.

Or you could do Win key then C and hit enter.

Or you can pin it to the task bar, and lunch it with Win+# Where # is a number from 1 to 9 where 1 represents the first icon, 2 the second, 3 the third, and so on, that is pinned on the task bar from left to right)

I love windows 8. I have Decor8 and Start8. They make it a lot easier. I however do not like the fact that over 4 months since release there are still a lot of compatibility issues. I get countless errors installing things that are suppose to be compatible. I wish Asus would give update if they are dropping support for my MB so I know if it is worth getting a new one.

Can be found on my profiIe

I love windows 8. I have Decor8 and Start8. They make it a lot easier. I however do not like the fact that over 4 months since release there are still a lot of compatibility issues. I get countless errors installing things that are suppose to be compatible. I wish Asus would give update if they are dropping support for my MB so I know if it is worth getting a new one.

Anything that works in Windows 7 works in 8. You might need to run the setup under compatibility mode to by-pass the if condition that the setup has for the OS.

I use windows 8 on desktop and laptop and have not had any problems it runs faster on my single core intel atom laptop from like 2005 and it boots soo much faster on my desktop, the only thing I don't like is the task manager I think the original one from XP-7 was better but I can change it if I need too.

I use windows 8 on desktop and laptop and have not had any problems it runs faster on my single core intel atom laptop from like 2005 and it boots soo much faster on my desktop' date=' the only thing I don't like is the task manager I think the original one from XP-7 was better but I can change it if I need too.[/quote']

I don't get what the task bar in Window s8 is not better than Windows XP or 7? It's the same one, with a new look and added information. nothing was removed, or structurally changed in it's layout.

A fair few of my games just won't run. That's it, and it's a dealbreaker.