2nd screen alongside an ultrawide - any issues?

russemerson

My current setup, running on a GTX680, uses two identical 27" 60Hz 1080p screens, and that's functioned satisfactorily for the last three years.

I'm finally getting around to installing my X99 machine w/ dual GTX980Ti GPUs (bought the components, and then had medical issues that kept me away from being able to complete the build for a few months...)  (so you can imagine my absolute thrill about the release of the 1080) and my intent is to run one of the ultrawide 1440p screens (I'm thinking X34 Predator or its recently-announced X34P successor) as the main display, but I am also thinking that even the ultrawide isn't going to be enough screen for me, as I am in the habit of keeping certain things (email, a browser, Twitter, etc.) on the "side" screen, while doing my primary activity (gaming or what have you) on the "main" screen.

With me so far?

OK, so, I am fully cognizant of the fact that in such a situation, the secondary display doesn't need to be a refresh-rate beast. If it can handle YouTube or VLC, that's good enough.

The question is: under Win10, are screens of different dimensions and different refresh rates going to "play well" together?  Or am I worrying myself over nothing?

When you flirt with Death, you run the risk that Death has something more serious in mind.

CCIE #4206