radiator fan died

Wydz

H110i GT

1 of the inside fan on my rad died, but other is working.

my temps are 23-27c at idle (6600k) which is the same with all 4 fans on the rad working.

should i be worried until my replacement comes in or am i fine?

No, if you are running push/pull, you could probably lose half your fans and still not notice much of a difference

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

No, if you are running push/pull, you could probably lose half your fans and still not notice much of a difference

i think thats what i have?

top of case > fans > rad > fans > inside of case

1 minute ago, Wydz said:

yes, even one layer of fans would work fine

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

2 minutes ago, Wydz said:

yes, that's push/pull. :P Even with 3 of 4 not working, it would probably be OK - you would basically just have an H60 in that situation 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

okay thanks for the calm mind guys, i have one ordered just because my ocd would run wild knowing i only have 3/4 fans working.

i wont rush the replacement then :)

8 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Even with 3 of 4 not working, it would probably be OK - you would basically just have an H60 in that situation 

wut

3 minutes ago, josephaltareb said:

wut

It's an approximation :P 

Think about a 240 mm rad with only a single 120 mm fan on it.  It would basically be as effective as a 120 mm rad in that case.

you probably know this but the h110i gt is a 280mm rad ;)

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It's an approximation :P 

Think about a 240 mm rad with only a single 120 mm fan on it.  It would basically be as effective as a 120 mm rad in that case.

if 2 fans were on there then the perf is there as expected (I PERFER PULL)

let alone 3.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It would basically be as effective as a 120 mm rad in that case.

eh, there is a little higher perf because there is more space dissipated.

1 minute ago, josephaltareb said:

if 2 fans were on there then the perf is there as expected (I PERFER PULL)

let alone 3.

eh, there is a little higher perf because there is more space dissipated.

I was saying if only 1 fan on the H110i was working (if 3 of 4 were not working).  And like I said, approximation :)

4 minutes ago, Wydz said:

you probably know this but the h110i gt is a 280mm rad ;)

Yeah.  Approximation! :P

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I was saying if only 1 fan on the H110i was working (if 3 of 4 were not working).

22 minutes ago, Wydz said:

1 of the inside fan on my rad died, but other is working.

i think you got it mixed up boi.

1 minute ago, josephaltareb said:

i think you got it mixed up boi.

I'm aware OP has 3 of 4 working.  I was just providing an even more extreme example to set them at ease.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm aware OP has 3 of 4 working.  I was just providing an even more extreme example to set them at ease.

ohhhhhhhhhhh 

--

btw the h60 is good too

2 minutes ago, josephaltareb said:

ohhhhhhhhhhh 

--

btw the h60 is good too

exactly ;)

didnt mean to start a war guys ;)

Soooo, it didnt die?

I opened her up, took the "dead" fan off, and plugged it into a Sys Fan header and it worked no problem

replugged it into the cpu fan header it was originally plugged into and now it works like normal?

12 minutes ago, Wydz said:

Soooo, it didnt die?

I opened her up, took the "dead" fan off, and plugged it into a Sys Fan header and it worked no problem

replugged it into the cpu fan header it was originally plugged into and now it works like normal?

That's odd.  Well glad to hear it's working! :)