Separate sub-forum for non-build logs?

So, I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to create a separate sub-forum from the current Build Logs sub-forum, and also reiterate to everyone when they should be using the Build Planning sub-forum. I like to browse through the Build Logs section and look at projects, but lately is seems like it is just becoming over run with threads that aren't actually build logs. They just seem to be threads where people are simply saying "Hey, check out the system I built a few months ago" and then they post one or two pictures and the system specs, or they are starting threads in the build log section asking for people to give input on their parts selection or help them plan out a build when they should be posting it in the Build Planning sub-forum. I totally get wanting to show off your new rig (and there has been a thread in the general discussion forum for a long time now where you can do that) but just building a new system and posting one or two pictures is different from planning out an actual project that involves case modding and a lot of extra work. 

Bottom line is that I'd just like to be able to look at other peoples' awesome projects without having to sift through a bunch of non-build logs.

Your thoughts?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

yah tottaly, i dont want my LAN PC log to drown in peoples plans :) not sure that this will help much because there is so much wrong posting but it would be great if it did

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

You can report any thread which would fit into Show off thread and let mods merge them. Other than that, what about normal builds without modding? Do they still have place in build logs if they have good write-up to go along?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You can report any thread which would fit into Show off thread and let mods merge them.

I realize that I can report any threads, but I don't want to spend half of my time in the Build Logs forum section reporting threads that should be elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Other than that, what about normal builds without modding? Do they still have place in build logs if they have good write-up to go along?

That's why I'm saying we should look at creating a separate sub-forum for showing off your rig, because there really isn't anything exciting about reading, "Then I plugged the SATA and power connectors into the drives and finished their installation". That is normal stuff that happens all the time and it's really "build log" material. When people think "build log" it generally brings to mind that they are working on some cool project that takes a normal computer and personalizes it/adds flair and style that you can't get stock. It could just be painting details onto the case, or painting new highlights on a GPU and getting cable extensions. To post a single picture of a completely stock computer that you built and list the specs in a PCPartPicker link without any details as to the planning of the build or talking about a specific theme that you were going for isn't a build log. Like I said before, I totally get the pride that comes with building a new PC or upgrading your current rig, and I encourage people to show it off, but if there isn't any kind of custom work going into it then it's not really a build log (as people generally think them to be) and it gets annoying when I (and others) want to admire custom projects and/or show off our own. 

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

7 hours ago, DevilishBooster said:

I realize that I can report any threads, but I don't want to spend half of my time in the Build Logs forum section reporting threads that should be elsewhere. 

That's why I'm saying we should look at creating a separate sub-forum for showing off your rig, because there really isn't anything exciting about reading, "Then I plugged the SATA and power connectors into the drives and finished their installation". That is normal stuff that happens all the time and it's really "build log" material. When people think "build log" it generally brings to mind that they are working on some cool project that takes a normal computer and personalizes it/adds flair and style that you can't get stock. It could just be painting details onto the case, or painting new highlights on a GPU and getting cable extensions. To post a single picture of a completely stock computer that you built and list the specs in a PCPartPicker link without any details as to the planning of the build or talking about a specific theme that you were going for isn't a build log. Like I said before, I totally get the pride that comes with building a new PC or upgrading your current rig, and I encourage people to show it off, but if there isn't any kind of custom work going into it then it's not really a build log (as people generally think them to be) and it gets annoying when I (and others) want to admire custom projects and/or show off our own. 

Reporting post takes 5s, I do it while browsing all the time. As for rest. You are still talking about modded and non-modded as same thing and ranting about show off posts. If there is good and build log style writing to go with pics, does it really matter? Do non-modded build logs clutter forum so bad that there would be actual benefits after split? It takes awhile for people to get used and still won't eliminate posting to wrong section.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv