Is this a good mouse for CS:GO?

djdelarosa25
2 minutes ago, djdelarosa25 said:

Yes that does look like a decent mouse, but 4000 DPI is a bit much. In all honesty, you really only need 800-1400 DPI for CS GO, because with a Higher DPI, there is usually less accuracy, and with CS GO, 1000 DPI with Raw Input turned On is probably the best settings, But thats just me :)

Want any Graphic design or Motion design? Hit me up via the Site, or adding me on skype @ NyxeonFX

No, if you want a good mouse for CSGO. Then stick to Logitech G303, Zowie FK or EC series, Finalmouse and maybe Razer Deathadder. I love my Zowie EC2-A and honestly its greatly improved my aim. Its performance is amazing and most pros are currently using Zowie mice. I personally haven't used the CM Storm Alcor but most people try to stay away from Cooler Master mices. Also as for performance i can tell you that the Alcor's sensor is not as good as the sensor of the mice i have listed.

You can always adjust the DPI of your mouse. My mouse has an 8200 DPI sensor but I run it at 800 when playing CS.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

My three options are the Kinzu V2, G100s and the Alcor. Which of the three has the best sensor?

Just now, QRCodeKiller said:

No, if you want a good mouse for CSGO. Then stick to Logitech G303, Zowie FK or EC series, Finalmouse and maybe Razer Deathadder. I love my Zowie EC2-A and honestly its greatly improved my aim. Its performance is amazing and most pros are currently using Zowie mice. I personally haven't used the CM Storm Alcor but most people try to stay away from Cooler Master mices. Also as for performance i can tell you that the Alcor's sensor is not as good as the sensor of the mice i have listed.

WHich exactly is the problem, besides G303, the Alcor has an advantage over the others due to its FW and not using some cheap 8 bit MCU, not to mention that people need to really stop mentioning finalmouse.

1 hour ago, woll3 said:

WHich exactly is the problem, besides G303, the Alcor has an advantage over the others due to its FW and not using some cheap 8 bit MCU, not to mention that people need to really stop mentioning finalmouse.

What? Out of all the mice out there currently being sold, Finalmouse has the best performance. Sure you will have to trade the build quality for performance though. Alcor 100% does not have advantages over the mice i have listed. They are the highest performing mice out there.

3 hours ago, djdelarosa25 said:

My three options are the Kinzu V2, G100s and the Alcor. Which of the three has the best sensor?

If you want a cheap mouse that is good for CSGO, then definitely go for Steelseries Rival 100. There are few problems such as lift-off distance being too high and etc but its still an amazing mice, one of the best if not the best for a cheap mice.

What? Out of all the mice out there currently being sold, Finalmouse has the best performance. Sure you will have to trade the build quality for performance though. Alcor 100% does not have advantages over the mice i have listed. They are the highest performing mice out there.

Are you drunk? Finalmouses FW causes the highest motion latency of all 3310 mice, Zowie is still using its 2010 Tech and has higher motion latency than most other options, not to mention that 3310´s biggest advantage goes to waste, Deathadder is decent but still limited by its MCU at 1000hz.

10 hours ago, djdelarosa25 said:

No idea about the others but liked my Logitech g100s and I know shroud from cloud 9 used to love the g100s but I'm not sure he still uses one.

5 hours ago, woll3 said:

Are you drunk? Finalmouses FW causes the highest motion latency of all 3310 mice, Zowie is still using its 2010 Tech and has higher motion latency than most other options, not to mention that 3310´s biggest advantage goes to waste, Deathadder is decent but still limited by its MCU at 1000hz.

I don't know what prejudice you have against these mice but i would highly doubt your statement. Finalmouse has one of the most responsive sensors out there. They practically redesigned the 3310 to be best for FPS games, hence the crappy build quality. I would also highly doubt your argument as for your information,most CSGO pros are using Zowie and Finalmouse and i don't see any of the major league pros using other mice that the standards i have listed.. I extremely doubt these pros who play CSGO to win and as their job with hundreds of thousands of dollars on the line would play with these mice if they had the quote "highest motion latency of all". You somehow seem to be doubting the many thousands who have used these mice and have said they were great, you also seem to be doubting these pros who literally need very good and responsive mice since their aim is already good. I'm sorry but i don't see you out there playing competitively where few HUNDRED THOUSANDS of dollar is on the line where a difference between a good mice and bad one can become the reason where you lose that. So to be straight with you, your statement lacks credibility. I don't know what happened between you and these mice but it seems you have a rather strong dislike for them. Might have been your own unit that had a problem, but don't make up a statement because of that saying that these mice are crap because numbers show that they aren't. If you read them from some sort of review, it could be that particular unit with issues, so far as i'm seeing, the majority of the reviews are all saying that they are very good. My zowie ec2-a sensor doesn't feel as crisp of a movement as say my g303 but i aim better with my zowie. I've tried the finalmouse, and they are really good for fps, just that its build quality is horrible and my side buttons caved into the shell.

I don't know what prejudice you have against these mice but i would highly doubt your statement. Finalmouse has one of the most responsive sensors out there. They practically redesigned the 3310 to be best for FPS games, hence the crappy build quality.

If marketing tells you to jump out of the window you would probably jump without a second thought. Finalmouse has nothing done to the 3310 as everything has been done by Motospeed and they have used crappy and laggy bought in Firmware from E-Signal, which in total you can get for ~13$ per Unit, also what kind of logic says that performance means crappy build quality?

Might have been your own unit that had a problem, but don't make up a statement because of that saying that these mice are crap because numbers show that they aren't.

Actually the numbers, facts and specs speak in my favor, but i guess you like to pay extra for outsourced solutions and ten year old hardware.

As for the pros, i personally was forced to use Ozone during ESL One because they paid for it, does that mean that everybody should buy from them? Ofc not.

Not to mention that FPS these days arent putting alot of requirements in terms of performance on anything, CSGO mostly requires low speed precision more than responsiveness, which frankly can be delivered by most mice.

Get something like the G502 or a steelseries rival. Finalmouse is decent what I have heard and Zowie good ones too. Wouldnt really trust Coolermaster

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Unfortunately, all of your suggestions are way off my budget (Finalmouse isn't even available here)

G100s vs SS Kinzu V2 vs CM Alcor

Those three are the best in my budget. Which would you guys pick?

46 minutes ago, djdelarosa25 said:

Unfortunately, all of your suggestiobs are way off my budget (Finalmouse isn't even available here)

G100s vs SS Kinzu V2 vs CM Alcor

Those three are the best in my budget. Which would you guys pick?

If Steelseries Rival 100 is in your budget then go for that. That is a low priced gaming mice where build quality was sacrificed but its performance is very good for its price and its pretty comfortable. If that isn't in your budget, then i would go for the G100s as my first option and if thats unavailable, then the SS Kinzu V2

The Steelseries rival 300 fade is often on sale. 

(or just the rival series in general.) 

I have one myself. Great mouse. 

Yes, the username is cringe. 

I like both the G303 and G502. Own both, and prefer the G502 though.

Some guy called my office, trying to sell me computers. I just said "oh you mean those little box's with the tv on top? Yeah, our accountant has some". He promptly gave up and hung up the phone lol

21 hours ago, QRCodeKiller said:

If Steelseries Rival 100 is in your budget then go for that. That is a low priced gaming mice where build quality was sacrificed but its performance is very good for its price and its pretty comfortable. If that isn't in your budget, then i would go for the G100s as my first option and if thats unavailable, then the SS Kinzu V2

The Rival 100 is twice the price of the Kinzu V2 :/

I'm curious as why you chose the G100s over the Kinzu. Does it have the better sensor?

G100s vs Kinzu V2 vs Kinzu V3 vs Alcor vs Cougar 200M

Which of them has the best sensor and is the best for a claw-grip/small handed user?

Here is a cool resource showing you what peripherals including mice csgo pros use https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UaM765-S515ibLyPaBtMnBz7xiao0HL5f-F1zk_CSF4/edit#gid=1762004852  I see the price range of the mice your looking at is a little lower than most of the ones the pros use but i thought it might be useful if not at least interesting anyways

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Zowie FK or ZA series mice are good. FK is more for claw grip, ZA more for palm (ZA has 3 diff sizes too). steelseries rival is also good for palm grip. logitech g303 and g100s are good, i havent personally used them but some of the pros who logi sponsors say they like them. id go with zowie though

cs:go you wanna use low DPI, 400-450 is what most pros use. raw input on. 

On 6/5/2016 at 5:04 PM, djdelarosa25 said:

The Rival 100 is twice the price of the Kinzu V2 :/

I'm curious as why you chose the G100s over the Kinzu. Does it have the better sensor?

Well those 3 mice all have about the same performance in sensor, They are all pretty bad compared to the ones the others and i have listed so sensor performance wouldn't matter much there. Out of the ones you have listed, CM Storm Alcor probably has the best sensor, but the reason i chose Logitech G100s over the others is that Logitech's general build quality is the best out of all of them. Also Logitech's customer support is very fast and easy, unlike Steelseries. Logitech G100s is an old mouse and has been tested for several years now and has shown its a good mouse with fairly little issues. I don't know the price you use but i would seriously invest in something slightly more expensive. Cougar 300M uses Alcor's sensor (3090) and also has Omron switches, Gigabyte XM300 uses Razer Deathadder Chroma's sensor (3988) which is really good, EVGA TORQ X5 is one of the best.

As for your choices that you have listed, I would personally go G100s as its been tested for some years now and no large problems have surfaced. CM Storm makes good quality keyboards but unfortunately, that doesn't apply to their mice. Steelseries Kinzu/Kana have been tested, and quite a few problems have been reported, i also tend to stay away from Steelseries just in case something goes wrong, surviving a Zombie apocalypse would be easier than dealing with Steelseries customer service.