$20 more for Cherry switcher worth it?

Clanscorpia

Title says it all. Is $20 USD more for Cherry blues over Kailhs worth it?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

what keyboards are you comparing?

Azio MKG1 to CM Storm TK

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Azio MKG1 to CM Storm TK

you can go for the  Royal Kludge RG-987

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?pg=2&l=product_list&c=1&sortby=price:asc

I think greetech switches are pretty nice compared to cherry, I would go for them instead of kailh in terms of quality they are prob the only clones i would reccomend 

Just now, brcdncn said:

Personal preference, try them out if you can. If you can't trust in Cherry.

I tried Kailh browns, hated them, and tried a friends cheap fake reds and found I didn't like linear. I liked Razers orange switch though

Spoiler

AXIOM

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?pg=2&l=product_list&c=1&sortby=price:asc

I think greetech switches are pretty nice compared to cherry, I would go for them instead of kailh in terms of quality they are prob the only clones i would reccomend 

Looks great but would they ship to Canada (Not expecting free)

Spoiler

AXIOM

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Holy, 30 USD shipping. Guess thats out

Spoiler

AXIOM

5 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Well crap. No Amazon either. Will the Azio be fine for like 2 years of use?

Spoiler

AXIOM

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

i mean yea its not like kailh's are gonna break upon use its just not the same feel

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

i mean yea its not like kailh's are gonna break upon use its just not the same feel

How different? Will it going from membrane be fine?

Spoiler

AXIOM

4 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

Going Kaihl is fine (especially for 2 years). I'm a huge cherry fan and i really don't like using anything other than Cherry switches but Kaihl switches are made exactly the same, just with cheaper materials and cheaper labour, hence the lower price point. Also due to this they have a lower quality standard which means there is a higher chance of them letting through inconsistent switches - which you can see from the numerous complaints. So i would definitely not take Kaihl Blue or Browns if your like me and have OCD and you cannot tolerate those few inconsistent switches that feel mushy and not as crisp. I'm not trying to bash Kaihl, Cherry Blues are also susceptible to the same problem, this is mostly due to the way the blue switch is built, while it works its amazing but underneath it, its just a engineering catastrophe that is just waiting for everything to go wrong.