Will 1070 run out of stock fast like 1080?

fwright18

I'm really struggling to force myself to wait for the 1070, but I'm doing my best. I'm not a patient person which of course is fault of nobody but myself.

With that being said I know when the 1080 launched a short while ago after 5 minutes stock was completely gone has still has yet to return. Will this likely be the same case with the 1070? Will there be anyway to guarantee I can purchase it the 10th?

Thanks

no guarantee I'm afraid, but if you're quick you should get one. Don't be impatient, you'll regret it.

Probabaly with the amount of fanboys thinking it is some revolutionary product. Honestly, just get a 980Ti used for $350 and OC it to beat an OC 1070 in 9/10 games.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

well if they only make 40 cards and the reviewers have 10, that leaves 30 for the etailers............. which is about 20 more than the 1080's nvivdia provided upon release.

23 minutes ago, fwright18 said:

I'm really struggling to force myself to wait for the 1070, but I'm doing my best. I'm not a patient person which of course is fault of nobody but myself.

With that being said I know when the 1080 launched a short while ago after 5 minutes stock was completely gone has still has yet to return. Will this likely be the same case with the 1070? Will there be anyway to guarantee I can purchase it the 10th?

Thanks

wait for polaris apparently they will have $199 USD Good VR experience

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

2 minutes ago, crysilis said:

Right, because all the features the 1070 bring to the table and the better performance of the 1070. mean nothing. because marketing

If anyone asks you never saw me.

14 minutes ago, LabRat said:

well if they only make 40 cards and the reviewers have 10, that leaves 30 for the etailers............. which is about 20 more than the 1080's nvivdia provided upon release.

Surely they're making more than 40 though?

4 minutes ago, crysilis said:

I was considering but I doubt I'll be able to wait that long.

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Right, because all the features the 1070 bring to the table and the better performance of the 1070. mean nothing. because marketing

Marketing? MARKETING? What the hell is Nvidia doing with Pascal to make it sell like hotcakes? It sure isn't the 1.25v limit, or the fact that it is just Maxwell rebranded, or the fact that they have some stupids Toys R Us Fanboy Edition, or the horrible IPC and just have the core clock at 2Ghz+ to perform good, oh no none of that is making it sell. Pascal is not good. Features? What Features? I will admit, I barely know any of these "special features" that Polaris/Pascal/Vega will have other than like DP 1.4 and whatnot.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

5 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Marketing? MARKETING? What the hell is Nvidia doing with Pascal to make it sell like hotcakes? It sure isn't the 1.25v limit, or the fact that it is just Maxwell rebranded, or the fact that they have some stupids Toys R Us Fanboy Edition, or the horrible IPC and just have the core clock at 2Ghz+ to perform good, oh no none of that is making it sell. Pascal is not good. Features? What Features? I will admit, I barely know any of these "special features" that Polaris/Pascal/Vega will have other than like DP 1.4 and whatnot.

Cool yer tits.

As far as I'm concerned both companies failed to deliver on their promises. But Nvidia has the stronger cards, you can't deny that. And Pascal has VR in mind while Polaris just offers price to performance. Which the 390 already did so it's nothing new.

The RX480 and 1070 are not competitors. So you ether want the performance of the 1070, which is impressive at it's price point. Or you want to save money with the 480.

I myself am looking for the best performance /for/ price which I think happens to be the 1070 in my case. Though the 480 doesn't look too bad so far either. I just hope I can get the 1080 on the 10th and don't have to end up waiting two extra weeks...

It will probably sell out faster honestly because there's generally more demand for cheaper cards.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

2 minutes ago, totjup5 said:

It will probably sell out faster honestly because there's generally more demand for cheaper cards.

That was my thinking too. This is really unfortunate for me. Is there any way to preorder it and have it guaranteed? Otherwise is the only option to try and load the site on release and get it within the first couple of minutes?

Do you know where to get one? Like pre-order it or do you just wait until the clock turns for 10th of June and then hunt it over Amazon?

My way of life: "Think differently, act modestly."

Internet dweller love to write and read about almost everything.

I like to be part of productive and positive communities. 

3 minutes ago, N.E.A said:

Do you know where to get one? Like pre-order it or do you just wait until the clock turns for 10th of June and then hunt it over Amazon?

Whatever my best options happen to be. I haven't found anywhere to pre-order it. I was planning on having to hunt it when the clock turns.

The only thing I was able to find is that you can signup on Nvidia's website to get notified when its available. Which probably is not very good because their notification will be for the Founders Edition variant which is quite frankly meaningless to me at least. 

Hunting it is then. :D I know I wont sleep all day just before it is released.

My way of life: "Think differently, act modestly."

Internet dweller love to write and read about almost everything.

I like to be part of productive and positive communities. 

1 minute ago, N.E.A said:

The only thing I was able to find is that you can signup on Nvidia's website to get notified when its available. Which probably is not very good because their notification will be for the Founders Edition variant which is quite frankly meaningless to me at least. 

Hunting it is then. :D I know I wont sleep all day just before it is released.

I've already done that as well. Good luck to you friend - hope we can both get it on release!

25 minutes ago, fwright18 said:

That was my thinking too. This is really unfortunate for me. Is there any way to preorder it and have it guaranteed? Otherwise is the only option to try and load the site on release and get it within the first couple of minutes?

Not that I'm aware of unfortunately.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

seeing what they did to stamp out AMD's fire, I'm sure they'll be out 1 week prior to AMD's x480, whether they have the inventory or not.

4 hours ago, App4that said:

Cool yer tits.

As far as I'm concerned both companies failed to deliver on their promises. But Nvidia has the stronger cards, you can't deny that. And Pascal has VR in mind while Polaris just offers price to performance. Which the 390 already did so it's nothing new.

The RX480 and 1070 are not competitors. So you ether want the performance of the 1070, which is impressive at it's price point. Or you want to save money with the 480.

How has AMD failed their promise when we have no reviews or real world benchmarks of the RX 480? As far as I am concerned, AMD doesn't go beyond needs for marketing to get people to look past the issues of Pascal of which we ALL know if AMD does it, everyone throws a big hissy fit and we see threads "AMD IS DEAD OMG!!11!1111"

Yes, I have NO idea why people are comparing The RX 480 with the 1070. The RX 480 is a better price to performance and offers a small gap between the $200-$370 price range than previously, but it wasn't meant to beat the 1070. It was meant to give people who want VR, to have a better chance of affording it. Polaris 10 is the 460/470/480/x and maybe the 490/x though these could be Vega. With Polaris being aimed towards efficiency, my hope is that AMD will do what they always do, people seem to misunderstand a 100Mhz OC on AMD yeilds higher results than a 100Mhz OC on NVidia with most architectures because of IPC.  Nvidia just slaps a high clock on the cards for marketing purposes, while AMD aims for higher IPC. Back on topic, Vega not being aimed, as much at least, towards power efficiency, I am hoping all chains let lose and AMD just pushes their cards to the limits and stops over Nvidia.

Sorry to all the fanboys, but Pascal is not revolutionary, it isn't even a new architecture, Which is why I hope AMD can truly pull ahead with Polaris and Vega.

Somebody is salty AF in this thread lmao

Anywho, the 1070 will be harder to get considering its p/p at $200 cheaper. When I got my 980, which took time, 970's were nowhere to be seen. If looking for stock, the more expensive stuff will generally be easier to find.

The 1080 FE is available right now on newegg and EVGA. I don't recommend it though as AIB will be better.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

35 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

snip

I agree to some of your points but 2GHz is pretty revolutionary. The 1070 is the best offering from Nvidia in my opinion, the 1080 it just overpriced.

As for Polaris and VR, no. All the no. The cheapest VR right now is the Rift, no one looking to buy a 200 dollar graphics card is going to drop 600 fucking dollars on a set of goggles and a Xbox controller. That's a fucking joke. I have close to 3 grand in my system and can't afford VR. I have that much money in my system to game at 1440 at 144hz, not pop fucking balloons with a fucking squirt gun xD 

If I was buying a GPU of the new cards this summer, I'd wait for the AIB cards or even the custom coolers.

Anyways was the FE price of the GTX 1070 like $550 and the Reference Board (like the ACX 3.0 SC/SC+) start at around $380?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

If I was buying a GPU of the new cards this summer, I'd wait for the AIB cards or even the custom coolers.

Anyways was the FE price of the GTX 1070 like $550 and the Reference Board (like the ACX 3.0 SC/SC+) start at around $380?

The only cards we'll see I the 380us range will be the blower style with a reference PCB from the board partners. MSI has one already. EVGA too I think.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

The only cards we'll see I the 380us range will be the blower style with a reference PCB from the board partners. MSI has one already. EVGA too I think.

Well I was talking about the ACX 3.0 cards from EVGA at least the SC and SC+ which if my memory serves me correctly uses the reference PCB but a different cooler.

So it would have to be the custom boards that would be around $380? Because aren't the FE 1070s suppose to be like $450?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Well I was talking about the ACX 3.0 cards from EVGA at least the SC and SC+ which if my memory serves me correctly uses the reference PCB but a different cooler.

So it would have to be the custom boards that would be around $380? Because aren't the FE 1070s suppose to be like $450?

The ACX 3.0 has LED lighting, they will start at 400.