secret thermal paste trick!! (reducing temps a lot)

yugan

my second post

i reveal my secret thermal paste trick

i tried it on silicon based

****apply thermal paste in processor take any plastic sheet and roll it on fingers

then apply all over the processor 

secret part comes in,,,,,use your fingers in up and down motion and make some air 

bubbles inside the compound do it for 20 sec and we are done fix the heat sink very tight 

squeezing the aiR bubbles out THEN YOUR READY TO GO

i used stock thermal compound with cooler master hyper212 eve

Edited by yugan

1 hour ago, yugan said:

my second post

i reveal my secret thermal paste trick

i tried it on silicon based

****apply 10X greater amount of paste in processor take any plastic sheet and roll it on fingers

then apply all over the processor 

secret part comes in,,,,,use your fingers in up and down motion and make some air 

bubbles inside the compound do it for 20 sec and we are done fix the heat sink very tight 

squeezing the aiR bubbles out THEN YOUR READY TO GO

it worked for me i used stock thermal compound with cooler master hyper212 eve

Why would you need to do this?

• CPU: AMD athlon  860k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2
  • RAM:2x4gb HyperX Fury
  • GPU: XFX R9 380 4gb
  • Case: NXZT S340
  • PSU: EVGA 650G
  • Display: BenQ GL2460HM
  • Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo
  • Keyboard: Corsair k60 
  • Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 (white
  • Sound Logitech g430
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

•  

So what do you do with the 9x extra that gets squeezed out all over the motherboard?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Doesn't matter.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 hours ago, KearneyMC said:

Why would you need to do this?

sorry forgot to mention that it helps to reduce temp

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

So what do you do with the 9x extra that gets squeezed out all over the motherboard?

thats just a high amt as you always use

2 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Doesn't matter.

i disagree try to get some air into the compound and squeezing it out by pressure,,,,,,,it matters

2 minutes ago, yugan said:

thats just a high amt as you always use

well you said in the OP "apply 10X greater amount of paste" so if 1x is enough to cover it completely, and you put on 10x more than that, I'm wondering what you do when the extra thermal paste squeezes out all over the place.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

well you said in the OP "apply 10X greater amount of paste" so if 1x is enough to cover it completely, and you put on 10x more than that, I'm wondering what you do when the extra thermal paste squeezes out all over the place.

ha that 10x would stick with the tool by which you apply it

I always just slop thermal compound all over my cpu and motherboard. It decreases performance a lot, but I like it.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, yugan said:

I'm not following this... so first you apply way too much, then intentionally try to get air bubbles into it, which most people try very hard to avoid because they significantly hinder heat transfer, then you massage them out while scraping off the excess paste?

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm not following this... so first you apply way too much, then intentionally try to get air bubbles into it, which post people try very hard to avoid because they significantly hinder heat transfer, then you massage them out while scraping off the excess paste?

Seems like a waste of time to me for something that won't make any noticeable difference if done properly to begin with.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

12 hours ago, yugan said:

sorry forgot to mention that it helps to reduce temp

Do you actually have screenshots to prove this?

12 hours ago, yugan said:

"The tool" you apply it? You mean tube the paste comes from? Why would I need to put 10x normal amount in first place when you now say that 9/10 of that amount should stay in tube in first place?

This sounds like very bad trolling to me. I'll summon mods to deal with it. WAIT! We have moderator newbie here already @Ryan_Vickers

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Get a new motherboard.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

So we put air bubbles in... then we squeeze them out...

Why don't we just squeeze out the air bubbles from the start?

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

This thread is clearly nonsense, especially since OP has failed to answer any of the logical inquiries.  Locked.