Do you think my power supply is enough ?

Hello, so my question is if this power supply is good enough for my build ?
Motherboard:MSI a68hm e33 v2

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 840 3.1 (3.8 boosted clock) 4 cores

GPU: MSI R9 270 OC

Power Supply:Cooler Master RS-500-PCAP-I3 500W

RAM:8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz

In your case 500w is more then enough. 

i7 fanboy.

16 minutes ago, IHatePC said:

Hello, so my question is if this power supply is good enough for my build ?
Motherboard:MSI a68hm e33 v2

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 840 3.1 (3.8 boosted clock) 4 cores

GPU: MSI R9 270 OC

Power Supply:Cooler Master RS-500-PCAP-I3 500W

RAM:8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz

It's a pretty bad PSU but 500W is more than enough. A Corsair CX450M would be a better spending of your money however.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

500w plenty 

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

You say 500W is enough, but I am getting strange flickering in games and it says that its 150 fps, but I can feel it's not smooth and laggy.

17 hours ago, IHatePC said:

You say 500W is enough, but I am getting strange flickering in games and it says that its 150 fps, but I can feel it's not smooth and laggy.

Turn your settings down and make sure vsync is on.  Your system is low end and will not push many games at high settings. 

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

22 hours ago, Purgent said:

Turn your settings down and make sure vsync is on.  Your system is low end and will not push many games at high settings. 

Are you an idiot? No im sorry, but people on this website are just acting very stupid... Do you not understand that i have 150 fps+? When you don't know the answer to a certain question just don't talk!

5 hours ago, IHatePC said:

Are you an idiot? No im sorry, but people on this website are just acting very stupid... Do you not understand that i have 150 fps+? When you don't know the answer to a certain question just don't talk!

I think we have to be skeptical and cover all bases if you've already demonstrated a lack of knowledge in this realm by your inability to add up the power of your parts and determine if that number is less than 500w.

Don't ask questions if you can't handle responses. 

On 6/4/2016 at 5:21 PM, Purgent said:

I think we have to be skeptical and cover all bases if you've already demonstrated a lack of knowledge in this realm by your inability to add up the power of your parts and determine if that number is less than 500w.

Don't ask questions if you can't handle responses. 

Every PSU has it's own power efficiency. What does that mean ? It means that it says 500W but it is clearly not. This PSU probably has 75% power efficiency, which means that it is not 500W it is around 380-400 at max Watts. Considering it is old the power efficiency goes even lower which means that it's running in about 350 watts at max. I can handle responses pretty well when they are not written by someone who has no idea what he is talking about. What does the power of my pc has to do with the lines i am getting across the screen ? NOTHING!

50 minutes ago, IHatePC said:

Every PSU has it's own power efficiency. What does that mean ? It means that it says 500W but it is clearly not. This PSU probably has 75% power efficiency, which means that it is not 500W it is around 380-400 at max Watts. Considering it is old the power efficiency goes even lower which means that it's running in about 350 watts at max. I can handle responses pretty well when they are not written by someone who has no idea what he is talking about. What does the power of my pc has to do with the lines i am getting across the screen ? NOTHING!

That's not how it works. A 500w psu will deliver 500w regardless of efficiency but will pull more power from the wall to do it. 

Have you tried turning vsync on like Purgent mentioned? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

During the AC-DC conversion, some energy is lost and wasted into heat due to the inefficiency of the PSU, yes. However, any proper PSU will be rated at DC output not AC input. If it is rated for 500w, it should output 500w. Of course, this doesn't talk about peak, continuous, whether if it can do it within ATX specs, etc.

So if your 500w is 75% efficient, it would draw 666.67wAC from the wall. If it's 90% efficient, 555.56wAC from the wall.

I don't think you need more than 200W for that system...

how much does a Seasonic Platinum Fanless cost?

Or maybe Seasonic G-360 ?

when you are talking about not being smooth and laggy, do you mean screen tearing? Is that a specific game or does that happen in all games?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 hour ago, DXMember said:

I don't think you need more than 200W for that system...

how much does a Seasonic Platinum Fanless cost?

Or maybe Seasonic G-360 ?

when you are talking about not being smooth and laggy, do you mean screen tearing? Is that a specific game or does that happen in all games?

200W ? My graphics card needs 150W what are you talking about ? And yes i am getting some kind of strange screen tearing which goes away when i turn on v-sync. But it's not normal tearing like having the old image stay on one side of the screen and the new one on the bottom sort of thing, i am getting these strange moving lines through the screen (not white or black just lines in which the color is different than the other section of the screen) it is really hard to explain it.

1 hour ago, IHatePC said:

200W ? My graphics card needs 150W what are you talking about ? And yes i am getting some kind of strange screen tearing which goes away when i turn on v-sync. But it's not normal tearing like having the old image stay on one side of the screen and the new one on the bottom sort of thing, i am getting these strange moving lines through the screen (not white or black just lines in which the color is different than the other section of the screen) it is really hard to explain it.

on the power consumption side the manufacturers are overestimating and you're taking their values to heart, in practice your machine will rarely consume more than 200W

about the screen tearing - can you get a picture of it? could it be an unstable overclock?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K