Flashing BIOS

dreamhacking

Do I need an empty USB stick for this? I am trying to flash a Gigabyte BIOS

Thanks

You either need a USB stick that you don't mind having formatted or you can use the Windows utility to do the BIOS update, regardless make sure the power doesn't go out while flashing :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

9 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You either need a USB stick that you don't mind having formatted or you can use the Windows utility to do the BIOS update, regardless make sure the power doesn't go out while flashing :)

Thanks.

why are you doing this

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

why are you doing this

System is being unstable. 
won't boot up normally without a few attempts. 

10 minutes ago, dreamhacking said:

System is being unstable. 
won't boot up normally without a few attempts. 

and you already clean installed and tried booting with no peripherals plugged in?

flashing bios should be the last resort

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

and you already clean installed and tried booting with no peripherals plugged in?

flashing bios should be the last resort

i tested with every way.

but i haven't get into using another mobo to pair with my current CPU, and using another CPU to pair with my current mobo. 

i will only do that if BIOS update is not helping. 

cuz getting another CPU and mobo takes more time than just flashing the BIOS lol

3 minutes ago, dreamhacking said:

i tested with every way.

but i haven't get into using another mobo to pair with my current CPU, and using another CPU to pair with my current mobo. 

i will only do that if BIOS update is not helping. 

cuz getting another CPU and mobo takes more time than just flashing the BIOS lol

ok

Spoiler