Is the GT 730 ok for a graphics card

My parents knew that I wanted to build a computer recently,they also knew that my 15 years old dell desktop was no longer usable,ive been saving far a computer build for a while now,everything was getting along,until my parents bought me another dell desktop,it costed  around 900 usd,the computer has an Intel core i5 6400,and a GT 730 from nvidia,i wanted to do some video editing and rendering on the new build that I was planning,but I'm not sure about this one,will a new graphics card like the 980ti be able to to get it going,or will it bottleneck with the i5 6400

With a GT 730 you will need to lower your settings in games significantly and possibly even have to lower your resolution. As for the GTX 980TI bottleneck, heres what somone said on Toms Hardware.

Yes it will run all those games on Ultra 60+ fps on 1080p.
The I5 6400 won't bottleneck the 980ti!

Hers the post:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2819101/6400-bottleneck-gtx-980.html

6 minutes ago, Rickie cheong said:

My parents knew that I wanted to build a computer recently,they also knew that my 15 years old dell desktop was no longer usable,ive been saving far a computer build for a while now,everything was getting along,until my parents bought me another dell desktop,it costed  around 900 usd,the computer has an Intel core i5 6400,and a GT 730 from nvidia,i wanted to do some video editing and rendering on the new build that I was planning,but I'm not sure about this one,will a new graphics card like the 980ti be able to to get it going,or will it bottleneck with the i5 6400

I don't think your power supply would be able to handle a 980 ti, since all of those prebuilds like to put a just good enough power supply in them. Why would you even get the 980ti? The 1070 is really soon out. The 480/480x should also be out soon, but not as soon as the 1070.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I don't think your power supply would be able to handle a 980 ti, since all of those prebuilds like to put a just good enough power supply in them. Why would you even get the 980ti? The 1070 is really soon out. The 480/480x should also be out soon, but not as soon as the 1070.

I'll get it during the price drop when the 1080 and 1070 comes out,i said I wanted the 980ti for video rendering and video editing 

If your parents bought you a 900$ oem built machine from dell, with an i5 in it chances are the powersupply is going to be complete garbage.

Do you know what form factor the computer is? What specific model of dell computer is it, so we can see what kind of motherboard, and case you have.

Sometimes dell loves to make nonstandard motherboards and case dimensions, so there's a chance a 980ti might not fit inside the case, and further then if you bought a new case, that the motherboard would even have the correct mounting locations for standoffs and pcie lane spacing for the rear io.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, Rickie cheong said:

I'll get it during the price drop when the 1080 and 1070 comes out,i said I wanted the 980ti for video rendering and video editing 

The price drop thing is not really going to happen, even if it drops in price I bet the 1070 would still be cheaper and better. Again you might also need to buy a new psu and that can be a problem because some of those prebuild desktops has their own special motherboard that doesn't take 24 pin like a normal motherboard would do.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

funny enough the 6400's integrated graphics perform the same, if not better, than the gt 730. no worries about the bottleneck, chances are most games wouldn't have any bottlenecks at all.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Pretty obvious your parents got scammed into buying that dell. ?

You don't need anything as powerful as a 980ti.

Also look used soon. 980's and 970's will be flooding the used market.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

12 hours ago, Dackzy said:

I'm planning to change the case,psu and GPU,but first I gotta check 

12 hours ago, Atmos said:

If your parents bought you a 900$ oem built machine from dell, with an i5 in it chances are the powersupply is going to be complete garbage.

Do you know what form factor the computer is? What specific model of dell computer is it, so we can see what kind of motherboard, and case you have.

Sometimes dell loves to make nonstandard motherboards and case dimensions, so there's a chance a 980ti might not fit inside the case, and further then if you bought a new case, that the motherboard would even have the correct mounting locations for standoffs and pcie lane spacing for the rear io.

I haven't got to check the computer yet,my parents wouldn't Allow it,thinking that I know nothing about computer's 

12 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

Pretty obvious your parents got scammed into buying that dell. ?

Yup,ddr3 16gb,350watt PSU and some other useless garbage

Just now, Rickie cheong said:

I'm planning to change the case,psu and GPU,but first I gotta check 

You must never skimp out on the PSU NEVER. Make sure the mobo is not something that only that case can fit and make sure the mobo also has the normal 24 pin power connector.

12 hours ago, Rickie cheong said:

I doubt that 980 Ti drops that precipitously. Do you really think board partners would release their new 1080s then drop the 980 Ti to such a low price that the price-to-performance advantage of the Pascal GPUs is lost?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

5 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I doubt that 980 Ti drops that precipitously. Do you really think board partners would release their new 1080s then drop the 980 Ti to such a low price that the price-to-performance advantage of the Pascal GPUs is lost?

No, they'll drop it to the range so that the 980ti would be better in the frame per dollar ranger 

10 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

You must never skimp out on the PSU NEVER. Make sure the mobo is not something that only that case can fit and make sure the mobo also has the normal 24 pin power connector.

I'm planning on getting the RMx 550 watt power supply,fully modular and 80+ gold efficiency