GTX 1080 STUPID PRICE

razor007

you should 1) lose the caps lock and 2) probably keep your 970. Going up one generation is not a worthwile improvement.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They are expensive, as such I dont recommend them as an upgrade over anything from a 970 or up.

Linus is my fetish.

7 hours ago, App4that said:

Mute point, Polaris doesn't compete.

Maybe the RX480 but who knows what AMD has planned for future cards and their Furry lineup. If they can get a good performing HMB2 card out by the end of the year and beat Nvidia then they can make a comeback. 

CIS Student

Bleeding Panther

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-5820K | Deepcool CAPTAIN 360EX | Thermatake TG-7 | Gigabyte AORUS Xtreme Edition GTX 1080 Ti | MSI X99S Gaming 7 | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GBx2 | Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 3TB x2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass | EVGA 850 G2 | Corsair Air Series SP120x6 | Corsair STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard | Logitech MX Master 2S | Audio-Technica M50x Headphones

On 31 maggio 2016 at 9:21 AM, JPotze said:

The 1080 is 900 euro's in Holland. that is 1001 USD. it is crazy expensive. 

Uhm... Do you guys have tariffs on imported microprocessors? That amount is too high for pretty much the rest of Western Europe.

On 5/31/2016 at 3:07 AM, razor007 said:

WHAT SHOULD I DO??

WAIT FOR 1070??

Yes, just wait. Right now the GTX 1080 is the only thing you can even buy from this new generation. Wait until AMD responds, wait until Nvidia releases more cards, wait until all the third-party cards are available. You'll either have a cheaper option, a chance at a cheaper GTX 1080, or both.

1 hour ago, Davethegamer said:

Maybe the RX480 but who knows what AMD has planned for future cards and their Furry lineup. If they can get a good performing HMB2 card out by the end of the year and beat Nvidia then they can make a comeback. 

Those would have made a decent upgrade for the cost, if I wasnt running a G Sync monitor.

Linus is my fetish.

7 hours ago, Mr.FATE said:

Always buy PC Components from a local store if you're from India. Online retailers overprice them due to lack of stocks and medium demand. The 74k price isn't the right price. Its about 64k at local stores here in my city. But still, at that price point its not worth it since India doesn't even have Rift or Vive yet and the high-end monitors are overpriced too. Blame the government for the high prices. Since most of the components aren't manufactured locally, they impose a tax of 5k to 7k on them (excluding shipping and custom fees in some cases). If you want a graphic card, get a decent mid-range card. Getting a high end card is a loss. Why? Because the second-hand market in India is pretty small, you'll have a lot of trouble selling it for the right price in the future. Building a budget gaming PC itself will cost 60k here which is a lot compared to the US and this includes low-end PSU's, Motherboards etc. Also, most of the companies don't have service centres here, which means if your product dies and you want to claim warranty, you'll have to ship it to Taiwan or Germany or some other country based on the company. It sucks to be a PC Gamer here. (Also the bad internet connections, bleh!)

Anyways, if you're still set on getting a good graphic card, these are the brands to go for : 

AMD : Sapphire, MSI

Nvidia : Zotac , MSI

Other brands either have no service centres here or have piss-poor service.

TOTALLY agree with you one should buy components from local vendos IF you live near a big city (specially Mumbai delhi or bangalore) 

Also i visited one today and he simply  said wait a couple of weeks the prices will come down to 50 - 55k 

Vive is available just check oculus's site

Benq offers  27"1440p 144hz monitor for 30k

Gigabyte and asus makes pretty good cards as well(as far as team green is considered) 

Okay i might have a slight advantage since i live in Mumbai 

Fact i have 970 sli (both asus Strix) you know  what one of them died and i got a replacement (pick up and delivered by them) for no charge 

1 hour ago, Scitesh said:

TOTALLY agree with you one should buy components from local vendos IF you live near a big city (specially Mumbai delhi or bangalore) 

Also i visited one today and he simply  said wait a couple of weeks the prices will come down to 50 - 55k 

Vive is available just check oculus's site

Benq offers  27"1440p 144hz monitor for 30k

Gigabyte and asus makes pretty good cards as well(as far as team green is considered) 

Okay i might have a slight advantage since i live in Mumbai 

Fact i have 970 sli (both asus Strix) you know  what one of them died and i got a replacement (pick up and delivered by them) for no charge 

You've a big advantage since you live in Mumbai :P Most of the cards are shipped through Mumbai afaik, so you shouldn't have much of a problem. Other cities, its kinda an issue if you don't have a reliable retailer/service center to handle the replacement. Doing it yourself is a pain in the ass sometimes. 

I haven't dealt with Gigabyte or Asus personally, but some of my friends have had problems with them, more with Asus tbh. 

Also, didn't know we've got the Vive. I'll check that out sometime soon. Thanks for the info! :)