GTX 560Ti 2Win vs GTX 680 vs HD 7970

Hey guys, I'm going to be straight forward, I'm poor and I'm going to buy a used graphics card from Amazon. I found a GTX 560Ti 2Win for a good price and I couldn't find enough benchmarks or information about its performance and I know these are old cards and etc, but they're on my performance target for the money I can pay on a card. My GTX 760 died, so the 560Ti 2Win has to be at least better than my GTX 760. So how do they perform?

Actually I think the 760 is better than a 560 Ti

My apologies I realize that's dual GPU card now.  Yes it would be more powerful (in games that support SLI) :)

Are you familiar with SLI though? It can be troublesome at times.  Not all games support it, newer games often aren't usable on SLI until there's been a driver update/profile released, the power consumption is higher, and stutter can be an issue.  Consider this in your decision.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

19 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Actually I think the 760 is better than a 560 Ti

My apologies I realize that's dual GPU card now.  Yes it would be more powerful (in games that support SLI) :)

Are you familiar with SLI though? It can be troublesome at times.  Not all games support it, newer games often aren't usable on SLI until there's been a driver update/profile released, the power consumption is higher, and stutter can be an issue.  Consider this in your decision.

I never used SLI, but I'm familiar with the concept, though, I thought dual GPU cards behave like single GPU cards because the GPUS are on the same PCB. I've searched in other topics and a lot of people who use SLI say that it rarely troubleshoots, my PSU (OCZ Fatal1ty 750W) can handle the power consumption, and my PC won't bottleneck, i have an i7 3770 and 8GB RAM (dual channel). My only concern is my case, it's very old and that's a big card (about the size of a HD 7990), but I'll find a way. 

32 minutes ago, Gabrielizador said:

Hey guys, I'm going to be straight forward, I'm poor and I'm going to buy a used graphics card from Amazon. I found a GTX 560Ti 2Win for a good price and I couldn't find enough benchmarks or information about its performance and I know these are old cards and etc, but they're on my performance target for the money I can pay on a card. My GTX 760 died, so the 560Ti 2Win has to be at least better than my GTX 760. So how do they perform?

The 560Ti 2Win will pull about 400W under load. Can your power supply handle it?

I recommend the 7970 myself, since the 560 Ti is comparable to the 7850.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

4 minutes ago, Gabrielizador said:

I never used SLI, but I'm familiar with the concept, though, I thought dual GPU cards behave like single GPU cards because the GPUS are on the same PCB. I've searched in other topics and a lot of people who use SLI say that it rarely troubleshoots, my PSU (OCZ Fatal1ty 750W) can handle the power consumption, and my PC won't bottleneck, i have an i7 3770 and 8GB RAM (dual channel). My only concern is my case, it's very old and that's a big card (about the size of a HD 7990), but I'll find a way. 

A dual GPU card acts just like two separate cards in SLI - it just does it all internally.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

The 560Ti 2Win will pull about 400W under load. Can your power supply handle it?

I recommend the 7970 myself, since the 560 Ti is comparable to the 7850.

Hey, you reminded of something, my motherboard is a P8Z77-V LX from Asus and it can only handle CrossFire, not SLI, because the second PCI E x16 runs on x4 speed and only CrossFire with a small loss of performance (not significant), but the first PCI E x16 runs on normal speed. If I put this card, my MoBo will run it each GPU at 8x speed or 4x? I say that because desktop i7's use a weird PCI Lane config. 1 card=16x speed, 2=8x speed and 4=4x speed. I'm also going to put a LAN card (because my LAN port isn't working) and it will use a PCI E 1x slot. Will the dual GPU card run OK in terms of PCI E speed?

1 minute ago, Gabrielizador said:

Hey, you reminded of something, my motherboard is a P8Z77-V LX from Asus and it can only handle CrossFire, not SLI, because the second PCI E x16 runs on x4 speed and only CrossFire with a small loss of performance (not significant), but the first PCI E x16 runs on normal speed. If I put this card, my MoBo will run it each GPU at 8x speed or 4x? I say that because desktop i7's use a weird PCI Lane config. 1 card=16x speed, 2=8x speed and 4=4x speed. I'm also going to put a LAN card (because my LAN port isn't working) and it will use a PCI E 1x slot. Will the dual GPU card run OK in terms of PCI E speed?

Yes the PCIe speed is just fine.  Even if they run at 8x you won't notice any difference with modern boards.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yes the PCIe speed is just fine.  Even if they run at 8x you won't notice any difference with modern boards.

Just one more thing, will the GTX 560Ti 2Win outbest the GTX 680 and the HD 7970 in raw performance?

2 minutes ago, Gabrielizador said:

Just one more thing, will the GTX 560Ti 2Win outbest the GTX 680 and the HD 7970 in raw performance?

iirc the 680 should be similar to a 770, so it might be better.  Not to mention being a single GPU card is always nice.  I think the 680 beats the 7970 in most things but there are exceptions.

19 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

iirc the 680 should be similar to a 770, so it might be better.  Not to mention being a single GPU card is always nice.  I think the 680 beats the 7970 in most things but there are exceptions.

No, I really have to know if the 560Ti 2Win will be better than the 680, I have the 560Ti 2Win for 100 dollars.

1 minute ago, Gabrielizador said:

No, I really have to know if the 560Ti 2Win will be better than the 680, I have the 560Ti 2Win for 100 dollars.

The 560 ti SLI is similar to a 760, so yes the 680 is likely your best bet out of all the choices