Asus Strix 1080 GTX TO have Modular Shrouds

IcEWoLF

http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING/#personalized-gaming-style

Modular Shroud
A New Era of Customization
ROG Strix graphics cards have a modular shroud that can be affixed with six swappable, 3D printable parts and a customizable illuminated logo to express your own unique style. When paired with an ROG Strix X99 Gaming motherboard, you can perfectly match customized parts to create a cohesive look that's truly one of a kind.
shroud-demo-hood.pngshroud-demo-hood-glow.png
shroud-demo-body.pngshroud-hero.jpg
* Download the swappable parts file for 3D printers here. 
Please be careful when replacing the shroud as ASUS cannot be held responsible for any damage that may occur.

Thats pretty cool. but any dedicated modder could probably do the same thing

Its kinda nice with a reasonable priced card to be able to do all of these things.

4 minutes ago, DannyRyu said:

Thats pretty cool. but any dedicated modder could probably do the same thing

yeah but varranty and stuff.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

42 minutes ago, ChrisCross said:

yeah but varranty and stuff.

Obviously didn't see the line about "ASUS cannot be held responsible..."

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

42 minutes ago, soup said:

Obviously didn't see the line about "ASUS cannot be held responsible..."

yeah but asus is very strict about warranty stuff. they wont even let you change your ssd on your laptop. its stupid

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

3 hours ago, ChrisCross said:

yeah but asus is very strict about warranty stuff. they wont even let you change your ssd on your laptop. its stupid

Yeah but I read your post as meaning if you go this 3d printer way then your ASUS warranty will still be intact. But it states in the OP that ASUS will NOT be held responsible if you manage to do any damage to your card.  Knowing ASUS if your input voltage circuitry(no idea if this actualy exists)goes 'kersplooie' ASUS will say it was when you modded the shroud so they are not responsible .

Either way; dedicated modder or 3d shroud your warranty is toast

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"