Windows will not reinstall

Dubesta11

I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my main computer, and after selecting to clear everything it restarted, but is now stuck in a boot-loop and doesn't even show the windows logo. What can I do? I don't have the means to get installation media and I have to use my phone for internet so I can't download anything large. This is what is showing up on the SSD:

cd39b9657a.png 

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

so you just deleted all/most the windows files off the drive using another computer, then copied what you thought was need to run windows?

1)are you using another computer or running windows from another drive?

2)what exactly did you do to 'clear everything' ?

3)If you dont have internet or an install media, how did you plan to reinstall windows? 

it seems its not booting because you simply don't have a boot section or even an operating system.

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

1 minute ago, RedWulf said:

so you just deleted all/most the windows files off the drive using another computer, then copied what you thought was need to run windows?

1)are you using another computer or running windows from another drive?

2)what exactly did you do to 'clear everything' ?

3)If you dont have internet or an install media, how did you plan to reinstall windows? 

it seems its not booting because you simply don't have a boot section or even an operating system.

Windows 10 has a feature that allows you to reinstall windows within the operating system. I have used this a few times, but its not working right now. I just plugged the SSD from my computer into my laptop to see what files were left on it to see why it was not booting. I'm not sure how to fix this problem.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

2 minutes ago, Dubesta11 said:

Windows 10 has a feature that allows you to reinstall windows within the operating system. I have used this a few times, but its not working right now. I just plugged the SSD from my computer into my laptop to see what files were left on it to see why it was not booting. I'm not sure how to fix this problem.

The obvious is probably all that you can worry about, and thats simply there was an error in the reinstall or reset. 

Not questioning your reasons, but if you plan to reinstall or mess with the OS much you should invest in an install thumb drive. 

You could try cloning the functioning laptop os to the ssd, at least for a temporary fix. 

Sadly with no working operating system for the computer you are pretty much stuck reinstalling with a boot media. If you have a thumb drive you could us it or a cd.

You could try partition the ssd into one 16gb part and the another parition, using the 16gb as a boot media and installing to the other. Or for a temporary patch you could use wintousb and make the ssd a working windows.

Either way you'll need to download a windows iso (llegitimately or from getintopc.com) and either Rufus(for install) or wintousb(for a temporary fix).

The iso will be l=about 3gb which will take awhile and the other programs are about half a gig

You can try the cloning option but that has alot of troubles and without internet you won't be able to correct them and it may not even work. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

4 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

The obvious is probably all that you can worry about, and thats simply there was an error in the reinstall or reset. 

Not questioning your reasons, but if you plan to reinstall or mess with the OS much you should invest in an install thumb drive. 

You could try cloning the functioning laptop os to the ssd, at least for a temporary fix. 

Sadly with no working operating system for the computer you are pretty much stuck reinstalling with a boot media. If you have a thumb drive you could us it or a cd.

You could try partition the ssd into one 16gb part and the another parition, using the 16gb as a boot media and installing to the other. Or for a temporary patch you could use wintousb and make the ssd a working windows.

Either way you'll need to download a windows iso (llegitimately or from getintopc.com) and either Rufus(for install) or wintousb(for a temporary fix).

The iso will be l=about 3gb which will take awhile and the other programs are about half a gig

You can try the cloning option but that has alot of troubles and without internet you won't be able to correct them and it may not even work. 

I normally have a few different desktop computers, internet, and plenty of flash drives to work with, but I'm stuck at my girlfriends house for a few days. The main problem is that I don't remember what key I used back when I installed it with Windows 8, and I'm not even sure if it would work.

The Grey Squirrel

2 minutes ago, Dubesta11 said:

I normally have a few different desktop computers, internet, and plenty of flash drives to work with, but I'm stuck at my girlfriends house for a few days. The main problem is that I don't remember what key I used back when I installed it with Windows 8, and I'm not even sure if it would work.

You don't need a key for the initial install, it will just nag you and lock some features(or just do some things this site doesn't permit me to mention).

You can try cloning, it may get you by.

I think MS actually keeps track of the win10 keys for you as a way to help customers with reinstalls and to prevent key sharing, but I may be way off on that. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

8 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

4 minutes ago, Dubesta11 said:

Cloning your laptop drive like @RedWulf mentioned is likely going to be your best bet in your current situation. But is by no means ideal. If you do decide to try it though, I HIGHLY recommend after cloning your laptop drive to your SSD, you boot from the SDD with it still attached to your laptop, and run the sysprep tool before migrating it back into your desktop. You WILL still run into some issues. But most of them will be minor annoyances / inconveniences, compared to a direct clone usually giving fatal errors on boot. There's a decent article Here about how to use the sysprep tool for this purpose.