Anybody know how to convert Steam credit to cash in Paypal?

KuJoe
Go to solution Solved by Kithkannin,
3 hours ago, KuJoe said:

Can I gift a game once it's purchased if I don't install it?

I would recommend contacting steam and seeing if they can convert it into a gift purchase instead of a personal one. Although I do want to point out that the steam summer sale is (leaked from "reliable" sources) apparently slated to start in just under a month. As such having 80 bucks in the steam wallet to toss at that might not be all that bad of an idea.

I pre-ordered the new Deus Ex: Mankind Divided game but realized this morning that there's going to be a Collector's Edition for $80 more. I don't really want to buy 2 copies of the game so I contacted Steam for a refund to my Paypal account which they said they couldn't do because I pre-ordered it so long ago (October of last year) but they could refund it to my Steam wallet instead. So if I accept the refund to my Steam wallet is there any safe way I can convert that to cash in my Paypal? Thanks for any and all ideas.

-KuJoe

Not really unless you want your bank to get involved .... you could buy keys and trade for paypal but you will lose some money there. 

Magical Pineapples

buy games and gift them to friends with your steam wallet funds, then have them to give you the monies into paypal, rather than them adding money to buy games

at no loss to you aside from paypal fees, and any discounts you give to your friends for them helping you out

and less risky than selling keys to strangers who will potentially screw you over

7 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Not really unless you want your bank to get involved .... you could buy keys and trade for paypal but you will lose some money there. 

You should be able to get about 70-80% of the money back that way without too many issues (assuming you find a safe place to sell them).

3 minutes ago, PepsiBandit said:

You should be able to get about 70-80% of the money back that way without too many issues (assuming you find a safe place to sell them).

True, another option is go to paypal and ask for refund of the item and in result steam may just remove your game from library or not. If you use your paypal to buy the game. 

Magical Pineapples

22 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

True, another option is go to paypal and ask for refund of the item and in result steam may just remove your game from library or not. If you use your paypal to buy the game. 

PayPal supports the sale of digital goods and you should only be able to create a chargeback due to not receiving them or someone misusing your account so it's unlikely that would work. 

-KuJoe

1 hour ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

It's likely too old for that and Steam may end up closing the entire account for a chargeback.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

3 hours ago, KuJoe said:

I would recommend contacting steam and seeing if they can convert it into a gift purchase instead of a personal one. Although I do want to point out that the steam summer sale is (leaked from "reliable" sources) apparently slated to start in just under a month. As such having 80 bucks in the steam wallet to toss at that might not be all that bad of an idea.

5 hours ago, Kithkannin said:

Good idea! I'll convert it to the Steam wallet credit and use it to buy gifts for my family, friends, and streamers during the sale. :)

-KuJoe