Is this the right connector/cable

Hello everyone, 

i recently bought a rosewill rdcr 11004 (internal sd card reader) the other day and do not know which correct cable to get.  The rosewill rdcr 11004 has two molex (first pic) connectors coming out of it, i attached a Y molex connector to those two (second pic) and realized i need a third molex connector (third pic) in order to get to the power supply, to power the rosewill) Will this third molex connector work? (third pic)

thank you

Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 10.10.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 10.10.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 10.12.38 PM.png

um that third picture is a molex to pcie 6 pin adapter by the looks of it.  I don't think it is relevant here

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Yes this is a molex to pcie pin adapter. Im sorry if this is in the wrong section i didnt know what this would go under. just need to know if this is correct adapter or not

1 minute ago, Drummerboy said:

Yes this is a molex to pcie pin adapter. Im sorry if this is in the wrong section i didnt know what this would go under. just need to know if this is correct adapter or not

Sorry, I don't mean the thread :P I mean that type of connector is totally unrelated to what you want to do.  You need a molex extender or something like that - it shouldn't involve pcie power in any way

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

ok, good to know. could you comment a link with the right connecter? it needs to plug into the psu

6 minutes ago, Drummerboy said:

ok, good to know. could you comment a link with the right connecter? it needs to plug into the psu

Does your PSU not have a molex cable?  If not (and I never recommend using these weird converters, but)

This should let you run it off SATA power: https://www.amazon.ca/StarTech-com-LP4SATAFM12-12-Inch-Molex-Adapter/dp/B00GK8SYCW/ref=pd_sim_147_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41ZUHvQYeNL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=5D20TE90402KQK6P51MC

I think i lost my psu molex cable, i also dont have a sata header open so the adapter needs to plug into the psu

Just now, Drummerboy said:

I think i lost my psu molex cable, i also dont have a sata header open so the adapter needs to plug into the psu

You can split sata power off of an existing cable

i dont want to do that. do yo  you know where i can get an adapter to plug into my psu?

What free cables does you PSU have?