Do you use antivirus?

Arwinnd

Yup, Kaspersky as It's a new build and I didn't want to risk anything.  :mellow:

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

yes, use it, to keep PC safe.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I use/have comodo. I have it set for Game Mode so it doesnt interrupt me so it doesnt really do anything.

I just use common sense and malwarebytes

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Nodways systems mustn't have an issue with antivirus resources. Yep there were resource hogs maybe in the past (XP and Pentium III era), but today you can't notice system lag with any antivirus unless you still use pentium III

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I do. Remember, the best antivirus is common sense :)

Using BidDefender / Malwarebytes. And it's hard to catch a virus if one uses his brain now and then. But I work with a lot not-as-tech-savy-as-could-be people and we have to exchange documents and the likes, so no way I get around an antivirus ^^'

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

no and why well becus i hate the notifications aobut updating and scaning 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

yes. i am not the only one using my pc..

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Sure why not? my antivirus only uses 2mb of ram in the background xD

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Kaspersky Pure 3.0(Trial and using like 3-4 months already xD) - just like some of its features

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Not anymore i got pissed when mcafee started using 6gb of ram.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Life is better unrestricted.

used to use them, and they're useless. </imo>

Avast

- you can turn off the popups, no annoyances, background auto-updates

- protects you from malicious websites

- can run apps in sandbox mode

- doesn't use too many system resources

u2kx8AY.png

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Nodways systems mustn't have an issue with antivirus resources. Yep there were resource hogs maybe in the past (XP and Pentium III era), but today you can't notice system lag with any antivirus unless you still use pentium III

LOL! You must not tried Norton enterprise A/V. Will take a Core i5, powered by SSD, down to a P4, 4200RPM. The A/V is so aggressive anything you click does a deep scans, pretty much.

It's always a tradeoff: You want maximum protection -> eats your system resources.

You want maximum performance -> Doesn't catch all viruses, (normally excellent at catching all the wide spread ones, and not so much the absolute rare ones).

No, because linux. I however have avast! on windows.

They are Viruses on Android.. that's a Linux based OS.

You even have Norton A/V for Android phones.

Currently rocking KIS because I got it cheap from my school. 

Beside, I don't see why not. It isn't much of a resource hog with all the specs we have here since we're browsing tech forum, IMO. 

They are Viruses on Android.. that's a Linux based OS.

You even have Norton A/V for Android phones.

My desktop is not running android. Also I do not know too much about linux viruses because they are incredibly rare, but I have the feeling that they are very distribution specific.

+1 for Kaspersky. You won't even notice that you've installed it.

who cares...

LOL! You must not tried Norton enterprise A/V. Will take a Core i5, powered by SSD, down to a P4, 4200RPM. The A/V is so aggressive anything you click does a deep scans, pretty much.

And that's the reason nobody uses Norton :)

It's always a tradeoff: You want maximum protection -> eats your system resources.

You want maximum performance -> Doesn't catch all viruses, (normally excellent at catching all the wide spread ones, and not so much the absolute rare ones).

Just download normal antivirus like Avast or Avira or AVG, you won't even notice anything...

Yes. Kaspersky, ESET, and Norton's latest (I think it's still beta) are all good. BitDefender used to be good but now it just crashes everything.